Firey pen notes

You can create multiple firey pens by setting the pen down and reading again

a pen can be used as characters other than wickerbottom

it functions identically to a fire staff. In other words its kind of useless outside of commanding your minions and distracting enemies

Pyrokinetics explained puts out all types of fires, including endothermic and shadow fires from the night light, providing 10% durability for each grass

side note i want fire staffs and by extension the firey pen to get additional uses- fueling campfires (more than just the first throw jeez)? Torch alternative with really long durability? Idk man i just think a magic staff should do more

2BB4A82A-0C17-44B4-8A0C-DFA4A89B0639.jpeg

Give the staffs a synergy with thermal stones. Hitting them with an ice staff cools it down a bit and hitting it with a fire staff warms it up. 

A torch already does this by burning stuff, so it makes sense for a fire gem to be able to do it better. The staff is a better tier so it should be much faster than waiting for things to burn (maybe 3 hits and it's back to full warmth).

The chilling amulet can cool the player down and it only costs 3 gold + blue gem (you can equip it on/off once cooled and pair it with insulation helmet). The ice staff would have to be paired with a thermal stone so I'd say the combined cost is relative to 3 gold. Plus the chilling amulet can also freeze attackers and raises sanity.

I think it's a start, maybe not too creative. Though I think it makes sense if the player has the ability to create flames and ice out of nothingness they should provide some weather protection when used correctly. The fact they don't always bugged me a little.

The fact they also only provide protection to a single person doesn't compete against the caller staff (plus they provide tons of light too).

5 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

I think this item would work better conceptually as Willow's upgraded lighter. But instead of being a fire staff, it should be a light source with big radius. What a strange addition to Wickerbottom's kit tbh. 

....We are leaving Willow behind in the dust T_T

Just now, Jinjetica said:

....We are leaving Willow behind in the dust T_T

Why should we give fire-related craftables to a pyromaniac? Explosive devices? Too dangerous. Fire-absorbing lighter? Doesn't fit her character. Just give her a teddy bear follower and call it a day. 

Archived