Wormwood mini rework

Wormwood:
I think that he is now a very, very complex and uncomfortable character, because after the renovation of the gardens, he lost his essence as such, since now everyone can grow a bunch of vegetables only a little slower, Wormwood now has no advantage in gardening, but there are a lot of unfair minuses:
why its compost wrap
disappears when you use two in a row, but only one works
  Flowering :
all the hats Wormwood wears blocked the scent of the bloom, causing the bees to stop following him.
Possibility to shave the flowering with a razor, after which at the maximum stage 6 flower petals fell (on the second 3 and on the first 1)
when it blooms, you can right-click on it, this turns it into a special bush that performs the same function as the bush hat
I think it would be fair (similar to Wurt's veganism) if Wormwood gained 50% more health when using ointments and bandages, and it would also be possible to increase the amount of health that the wrap gives to 55, just as gradually, but it will be more convenient
and give him the opportunity to plant grass bushes, berry bushes, etc. immediately fertilize, he is still the owner of the garden)

I will really appreciate it if you listen to this post, I think this is exactly what it takes to make Wormwood better as it has lost its spark compared to other survivors but it has huge potential I understand that he is sapport, but independence and survivability must also be present

yeah. WORMWOOD is a great guy but he has way to many CONS and not enough PROS to make him a very good MAIN. i always find it way to hard to keep him alive. that BUSH HAT idea is a good one. i say that his healing items NEED to give more HP back cuz to be honest they really suck.

18 minutes ago, Ijkdenem said:

yeah. WORMWOOD is a great guy but he has way to many CONS and not enough PROS to make him a very good MAIN. i always find it way to hard to keep him alive. that BUSH HAT idea is a good one. i say that his healing items NEED to give more HP back cuz to be honest they really suck.

batbat+night armor

wormwood is one of the best characters and is a non sense what op said about him not having advantage on farming

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

batbat+night armor

wormwood is one of the best characters and is a non sense what op said about him not having advantage on farming

Wormwood is awesome but it's too complex, understand that these changes will make life easier for you personally in convenience, as it is not properly worked out, there are inconsistencies, and in general, playing it yourself is another test

2 hours ago, Ijkdenem said:

так. ПОЛИН — чудовий хлопець, але він має багато МІНУСІВ і недостатньо ПЛЮСІВ, щоб зробити його дуже хорошим ГОЛОВНИМ. Мені завжди важко зберегти його живим. що ідея BUSH HAT хороша. Я кажу, що його цілющі предмети ПОТРІБНО повернути більше HP, тому що, чесно кажучи, вони справді відстій.

compared to more than half of the reworked and new Persians, he occupies a very low bar, since it’s hard to play on his own, and in a team you do what you run for water and talk to plants

I switched to Wormwood fairly recently in my solo world, having previously played Wickerbottom almost exclusively, and I'm loving the changes the play style necessitates. Bramble husks/traps are great, no health from food (gained OR lost) is an interesting set of challenges and opportunities alike, and being able to plant anywhere has changed the way I interact with the world, in addition to the easier access to sanity making bat bats (my camp is near a sinkhole that I've put rabbit hutches next to) and other sanity intensive items all the more viable.

Bees, I'd say you need to take the bad with the good. If you're not careful, you could bring bees to decimate sensitive targets you want left alive, but you also have the ability to have aggressive springtime bees swarm around you and help you fight other enemies. If they really do become too much of a problem though, you can just slip on a bramble husk and attack the bees, each sting will result in AoE damage to all the bees near you, and they'll all die pretty quickly. Heal over time effects, you just have to be mindful of. Nobody's calling it a penalty when eating a second handful of jellybeans overwrites any heal ticks the last handful may have had left, things like compost wrap are the same way.

Personally, changes I'd like to see include being able to reverse or bypass the permanent harm transplanting does (thus won't require periodic fertilization) and the ability to clone or propagate plants from their produce like grass, twigs, and berries, though using that ability should be costly, including requiring health (possibly max health and requiring booster shots to restore) among other resources.

On 7/11/2022 at 4:34 PM, Ijkdenem said:

i main wormwood but find it hard to survive. maybe i just suck at this game lol.

I tried him....and ended up killing myself with my OWN traps T_T........What is the point of exclusive traps if they KILL you???

I don't think it makes sense to buff him on salve or poultice, everyone uses these items, and wormwood can also heal using rot, poop, guano, spoiled fish and even glommers gloop (without the sanity drain!)...He can also make his compost wrap. Many people who main as wormwood take advantage of the batbat, which restores hp in exchange for sanity... That being said, maybe the amount of healing from said items could be buffed for wormwood?

The bramble husk will prevent any damage from bramble traps. Cacti and spiky bushes too.

As for healing with fertilizer, it's based on the plant nutrient value, so glommer's goop doesn't heal nearly as much as it does other players. If there is to be an improvement in that area, I'd say it should be the speed in which those items can be applied. Things like manure and guano are usually fairly easy to come by, but while you may accumulate a lot, because it takes just as long to apply them as it does healing salve and only restores a fraction of the health, it's going to take a long time even if you have plenty. Healing with fertilizer would be much more viable if you didn't have to wait for the animation to finish to receive the benefit and be free to use the next one.

Here's a simple idea that I think would be a practical and appreciated change: assign one inventory slot to be Wormwood's fertilizer slot. If a non-fertilizer item is placed in that slot, it behaves like a normal inventory slot, but if manure, glommer's goop, rot, compost wrap, or anything else Wormwood can self-fertilize with, they're used automatically for as long as they're able to provide a benefit, meaning items that only restore health will stop being used if Wormwood has full health.

Archived