Suggestion: make pirates averse to the trident too.

People really really want a trident buff and I think this would be a good way to do it. Right now hitting pirate boats with the trident is both awkward (your character will say they "can't do that" if you aim too close) and they don't even really react to it, they keep speeding right at you. Using the trident to scare them off would give you an extra way to deal with pirates during the late game, and reward those who engage with the harder ocean content like Crab King by making the early nuisances less of a thing.

9 hours ago, BeeClops said:

it should feel like it's worth having it if you're sailing. 

I personally do think its worth having when sailing currently, able to use its ability to clear the rocks in front of you to make an easy path

but it could be improved to help with the pirates, I think it should be able to be cast onto boats and not just the very edge of them, so you can truly do maximum damage

13 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

I personally do think its worth having when sailing currently, able to use its ability to clear the rocks in front of you to make an easy path

but it could be improved to help with the pirates, I think it should be able to be cast onto boats and not just the very edge of them, so you can truly do maximum damage

maybe on pc, but on console with it's 0 range it's more of a risk to leak your own boat than to smash rocks ahead. I'm ok with just smashing rocks and salt with my boat at medium speed, I'm happy that works well with just a few twigs to repair the hits. But the trident doesn't really seem worth it to me. 

Archived