Why potato is best veggie in whole DST.

Today i would've like to talk about best ever veggie in Don't Get Hungry Two Get Her game-potato.

First time potato as a food ever appeared in game was in The Gorge event and then on July 29 2019 in Warly's character update.It can grow in every season except summer(even in winter!), easy to grow and when cooked heals character 20 hp and restores 25 hunger.Potato have a lot of uses on cooking dishes, Creamy Potato Puree, Fancy Spiralled Tubers, Puffed Potato Souffle, Grim Gallete and many other dishes that can include potatoes in them.Now after we talked about food potential of this great dish let's talk about it's power side.

Even tho in original DS there are no potatoes in form of food, Maxwell creates Metal Potato Thing as one of key items for portal in next Adventure Mode world.Not only that but there is magical artifact called "Potato Cup trinket", never rotting potato which is most misterious part of don't starve lore, not only that but Potato Cup is also most known Don't Starve meme, it is so popular that it became emote reaction on forums and even became a first trinket that got it's own skin!Back to dst, in update Eye of The Storm new hat Astroggles, this hat requires a potato to craft, as a reaction to that Wilson says:

Of course! Combining moon energy with potato energy, why didn't I think of that?

Many people can say that it's just a joke, but if we look at Maxwell's quote we can understand that it's not:

There are hardly enough inventors brave enough to harness the power of potatoes.

And so we can understand that potato energy is one of most powerful types of energy in whole Don't Starve universe.Strongest character in the game-Wolfgang, can deal x2 damage while mighty, dealing biggest dps in whole game, but you know what's the secret of his success?Potatoes, Wolfgang's favourite food is cooked potato that gives him even more hunger points than usual, he mentions it a lot of times, we can also see him hugging giant potato in RWYS main menu background and even having potato sacks included as a weight in his gym.But you know who don't eat potatoes?Wigfrid, other strong character, she probably wasted a lot of time to become as strong as she is, but she did one big mistake, rejected potatoes, because of that she will never achieve power Wolfgang has.

But you know who also didn't ate potatoes?Ancient bugs, instead they chose to grow cringe carrots, and you know where they are now?They got skill issued.

Also one of signs of potato's extreme energy is fact that it's included in Grim Galette, only dish in game that requires nightmare fuel, and instead of just giving stats it have power to swap your sanity and hp, if not potato nightmare fuel wouldn't ever do this.

Btw, back to Astroggles, this hat is arguably best hat ever added in don't starve, it's best hat that can ever be designes, there is no point even making skins for it, it's as good as humanity can every get in terms of fashion.

swap_hat-0.png.901a3f4079bd66d4f33628beffeff077.png

And as we all can see that one of main objects in it is a potato, yet again proving it's power and combining with moon energy this time.

In conclusion i say that next lore arc Wagstaff will use 1% of whole potato energy to create most powerful creature in story of humanity and after that will destroy universe(unless survivors will discover how to use potato energy too)

forgot to mention, potato is also only food in whole game that also appeared as a tree decoration in winter's feast

изображение_2022-06-22_154827137.png

1 minute ago, Echsrick said:

sweetpotato from shipwreck?

i forgor

iforgorfr.gif.22c17adf5eebac680438b8063294d324.gif

but if talking about them, i want to notice how sw counts as best dlc for don't starve ever, and i bet that if not sweet potatoes it wouldn't ever happen

Archived