Should certain teleportation restrictions be removed?

As the title suggests. I am referring to additions such as forbidding Celestial Champion from being teleported onto a telelocator focus, forbidding focuses from being constructed on boats, etc. While it is true that certain boss-cheesing tactics involve teleporting bosses to places where they aren't supposed to be, and we can say it is obviously rightful in some ways to set up such limitations, docks in the Beta basically share the same set of physics as normal ground, as a result these would likely allow players to do the same tricks anyway. This makes the aforementioned limitations seem unnecessary. Or is it only my opinion?

1 hour ago, thewalkingcamel said:

forbidding Celestial Champion from being teleported onto a telelocator focus

That was actually possible early in the EoTS beta but removed in later versions and in the released update.

Yeah, I think these restrictions seem even more arbitrary now than they used to. I still somewhat get not being able to tp the celestial champion because they could shred other bosses for you [to an extent], but not being able to place focuses on boats just feels like a bandaid fix that is sorta redundant now anyway.

In short: back then you could build a focus on a boat, teleport a boss and instakill them, so building focus on boat was made impossible

Now bosses no longer die by sinking, so it should be all ok to allow us to place focus on boats again

Think it should be mentioned that the limits on telelocating mobs onto boats aren't just because of killing bosses, the nature of how boats and unloading works also means that if you load/unload a boat with mobs on it too many times, they'll simply glitch out onto the water. I telelocated a varg onto a boat back when that was still possible, and after I made a few trips in and out of my base it had escaped onto the open sea and was just running around there like nothing was wrong.

2 hours ago, meow meow meow said:

Think it should be mentioned that the limits on telelocating mobs onto boats aren't just because of killing bosses, the nature of how boats and unloading works also means that if you load/unload a boat with mobs on it too many times, they'll simply glitch out onto the water. I telelocated a varg onto a boat back when that was still possible, and after I made a few trips in and out of my base it had escaped onto the open sea and was just running around there like nothing was wrong.

That indeed is a pretty serious issue. I too tried to move my beefalo herd onto a boat to conserve them once LOL

Archived