[RESOLVED] GAME CRASHES ON LAUNCH

Game won't start up, instead just crashes immediately, when i launch it via Steam. Black screen, i see my mouse cursor spinning like it's doing something and then it crashes.

I went through most suggestions on how to fix it, incl. verifying the game cache, reinstalling vcredist and dxredist, keeping my graphics driver up-to-date, redownloading the game entirely after deleting it, restarting my computer, deleting everything inside the mods folder and verifying game cache, unsub to all workshop mods... but so far nothing worked. 

client_log.txt

4 minutes ago, nimzowitsch10 said:

try starting it up, go in to task manager and kill the game from there. Then kill all the steam processes too. Then try opening dont starve again

just tried and it didn't work

@HirajinThanks for the report. Checking your log, it looks like you are currently trying to run the game with an AMD graphics card (AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT). If you have any built-in Radeon graphics optimization features that are enabled, they may be conflicting with the game. 

Go into your AMD Radeon settings, and disable all of AMD graphics optimization features for Don't Starve Together to see if that makes a difference when your GPU tries to launch or render the game. It may be that some of the built-in Radeon graphics optimization features on the AMD graphics settings is conflicting with the game's processes. More info on Radeon Settings screen/options: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-012 

54 minutes ago, JanH said:

@HirajinThanks for the report. Checking your log, it looks like you are currently trying to run the game with an AMD graphics card (AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT). If you have any built-in Radeon graphics optimization features that are enabled, they may be conflicting with the game. 

Go into your AMD Radeon settings, and disable all of AMD graphics optimization features for Don't Starve Together to see if that makes a difference when your GPU tries to launch or render the game. It may be that some of the built-in Radeon graphics optimization features on the AMD graphics settings is conflicting with the game's processes. More info on Radeon Settings screen/options: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-012 

Thanks, the game lauched just fine after i changed the anti-aliasing option "override app settings" to "use app settings"

Archived