more content for moonstorms

i really liked the addition of such global endgame event but i think it could have few more content to make it more interesting

- adding wargfants to hunt tracks during moonstorms would make the hunting mechanic cooler for lategame worlds. The mechanic already become way richer by just adding volt goats so why not using this awesome creature to add variety to it

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7122345afe390513e18eee6896e8f0e4.png

- more mutant variations. I know klei sadly abbandoned the morbid style from this idea introduced with moonrock penguls and hounds but i think that they did a great job adding moon forms for birds, bluecaps and blue mushtrees so the same could be applied to other creatures, no need for morbid or horror artstyle if they dont want. Adding a mechanic for frog rains so when they happend in moon island or during moonstorm, adding varglets from hound waves to the reviving mechanic...the possibilities are huge

- to keep the previous idea. What about a second phase for deerclops during moonstorms? would be a really cool way imo to spice up this iconic enemy by making him revive. People who reaches moonstorm events already find this fight really easy so adding a second form by reviving like klaus can make this enemy interesting in late game. Maybe more RoG bosses could get this treatment, can be a nice tribute for these 4 classic enemies

- more uses for the moonstorm unique materials. Is sad that we only activate this even to fight CC, get infinity light or do full moon shenanigans. Isnt bad but using the materials for new crafteables will, not only make the storm more interesting and useful, but also fix the moon tab lacking problem. There could be infused weapons with spoilage time, new tools and armors (maybe an armor that has a similar effect than wx electric module?), etc

- Another use for moongleams could be to transform toadstool to a moon variation like how the blue mushrooms were affected by the moon, making a fight with the same hp as toad (no more misery hp pools needed) but with more difficult mechanics since toad is one of the easiest bosses to kite and the moon spores as atack look interesting. Their shroom trees could drop moonspores, their boomshroom atack could be instead a mushgnome summoning, etc 

- speaking of lack, glommer drops still lacking a crafting recipe since the old bell was removed. They can add a body slot item made with their wings and moonglems that provides 0 armor but gives the ability to dash even throw small land gaps and some sanity boost to make a body slot item in the way of bone armor but riskier and that psinergies with the CC crown because of the sanity reg (which also fits with one of glommer's perks). I know klei can provide better ideas for their loot, really hope they add something for the moon tab with this moon related bug

52 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

- speaking of lack, glommer drops still lacking a crafting recipe since the old bell was removed. They can add a body slot item made with their wings

i think now that tree jam is a thing (and to a lesser extent, glommers goop as fertilizer), a craftable for glommers wings is a super bad idea since then youd have people killing off glommer for the craftable and slowing the flow of goop to a halt for the entire server

12 minutes ago, meow meow meow said:

i think now that tree jam is a thing (and to a lesser extent, glommers goop as fertilizer), a craftable for glommers wings is a super bad idea since then youd have people killing off glommer for the craftable and slowing the flow of goop to a halt for the entire server

if it requires moonstorm materials wont be a problem because every night is full moon

I’m pretty sure we won’t get anything like this until the next official content arch, which is fine: because that gives them the rest of this year/ beginning of next year to do other things- finish Reworks, QoL tweaks, fill in the empty void that is the Ocean, rework features of the game that were made in 2013 and are now highly outdated.

Aka they completely removed Disease as a game feature, but stated if they ever decided to bring it back- They’d do it better/differently.

Also Summer weather season sucks.. I mean it sucks so so much, no not because of Wildfires, but because of lack of interesting unique gameplay like how Winter sees new mobs, freezes over ponds, etc.. now that the Fashion Goggles are craftable from the start: I would even vouch to have sandstorms happen in summer in any biome: And to let fashion goggles provide a bit of Dessert Goggles effect but be less effective (similar to how Garland helps with Sanity but Top Hat & Tam or Better)

This would give Fashion Goggles an actual decent use without making the upgraded Desert Goggles any less worthwhile.

AND it would open Summer as a weather season up to getting some actual new Content, For example: imagine a better Sandstorm system that did not slow the players movement speed down until enough sand landed on the ground (similar to Ark survival sandstorms where your inventory fills up with sand to weigh you down)

When sand blows into the biomes little Sand Dunes can be found (think Dung Beattie nest from Hamlet but made of sand piles) the sands will also spawn Scarab Crabs from them.

The TL:DR Summer needs more love.. and as far as wanting Moonstorms to do more: I Agree BUT the Moonstorm is directly chained to the Return of Them updates and even had a cliff hanger conclusion of “What the heck is Wagstaff up to now?” 

So I don’t see Moonstorm being looked at again for a content update until the continuation of the arch, however a Summer Season/Ocean update?? That’s something I can totally expect might happen this year.

Archived