[Suggestion] Making Nitre from Guano should be introduced

In real life, it is possible to make nitre/saltpetre from bat guano by soaking it in water, filtering it, and harvesting the pure crystals that grow. Thus, Klei should introduce this as well. A possible recipe is Empty Bottle, Ice, massive amount of Guano and finally Beefalo wool, which will result in a small amount of Nitre and an Empty Bottle after several days (similar to a Super Growth Formula).

I favor the more complicated method. Nitre is one of the more difficult (albeit not very) materials to accumulate, and sought after for the powerful items it's required to craft. To balance its usefulness, its reduced availability is justified, as is requiring a more involved method if one is to open a new avenue of availability.

Cutting down petrified forests was one good source of nitre, but ever since boards stopped being needed to create cobblestone roads, as well as they among all turfs yielding much more product for similar or reduced cost, I imagine many players in addition to myself are chopping much fewer trees, accumulating much fewer pinecones, planting much fewer trees, and ultimately ending up with much less petrified trees to mine nitre from as an unforeseen consequence of that poorly planned change. A countermeasure such as described in this topic could help restore the balance.

Archived