[Suggestion] Beefalo's Domestication Need More Animation To Indicate Progress

The main problem I have with beefalo is that: When I have a tamed beefalo, I don't know how much domestication it has lost after being left unattended for days (such during toadstool fights) because tamed beef always have 800 second riding time until it hits 0% tameness. I usually end up feeding tons of twigs obsessively to make up the loss that I imagine there should be.

I think it's very reasonable to add new beefalo animation to indicate its progress, specially, different animation for [0-25%], [25-50%], [50-75%] and [75-100%].

There are some reasons why those should be added:

1. It doesn't change game play

2. It helps identify taming progress. Currently, we can only remember how many days since we started taming. But it would be very vague after a long time, and vague expectation can cause confusion, frustration and possibly very big mistakes.

3. It can warn about domestication regression. Yes, salt lick helps, but it isn't the optimal solution for various reasons such as pub server beef theft. Plus, we should have this very simple and reasonable ability to inspect domestication of our beefs with simplest feedback from beefs.

Some suggestion for new animation:

[0-25] sniffing, meaning getting to know you during taming, or becoming distrusting if already tamed

[25-50] Bottom up and head/chest low (this already exists in the game), meaning inviting you to play during taming, or wanting your attention during tameness loss.

[50-75] Soft gaze with sparkling eyes, meaning growing attached to you during taming, or wanting your attention during tameness loss

[75-100] lay on their back asking for belly rub, simply happy.

I'm not a very imaginative person. You got other suggestions?

You can gauge the beefalo's domestication fairly accurately with the buck time, just take a look at the clock when you get on, and see how many segments have passed when it bucks you.
Still, more visibility wouldn't hurt

10 hours ago, kirihime said:

You can gauge the beefalo's domestication fairly accurately with the buck time

2 things:

1. Domesticated beefs always have same riding time (800 seconds) regardless of domestication regression. So this method is ineffective regarding tamed beefs.

2. It does work during taming process. But this measuring method is not fun. I've done it many many times. It is a legitimate need and needs to be addressed.

On 5/8/2022 at 12:18 AM, NoodlemanNed said:

let us craft a beefalo transmiticator so me and my cow can have in depth discussions about reality and the purpose of existence.

or maybe just domestication/obedience info idk

This tbh, why the heck can't we read domestication, beefalo health, hunger and so forth? It should really be seenable, even with a craftable. Maybe a bell upgrade.

Archived