Above-average Tree Trunk's Mossy Vine Regrow Process Need Better Design

Currently, in order regrow the figs, one has to burn all the existing figs or mossy vines, and then crash boat into the tree trunk.

But it has problems to me:

1. The number of new figs are always 1 or 2, and very, very, very rarely 3. (I'm not even sure if 3 is possible), which doesn't seem fair. (In my current pub game, my base was griefed and burnt down, and all the figs gone, but I'm not able to get more than 2 figs after many many tries. I don't see any reasons why new figs have to be fewer than 3.

2. The new figs' locations are generated randomly. The process is basically repeating a slot machine without any control. Because you need to burn all the figs every time, the chance of getting satisfying location is even tinier. It's exhausting and de-incentivizing. The method of getting new figs itself needs improvement.

3. It is a legitimate demand that one should be able to relocate figs. Because randomly generated figs make them either too inconvenient to get (if the figs are above water, jumping between boats on pubs with slight lag will make the character go back and forth repeatedly), or blocking the view of farms or kitchen or anything below it. It needs to be solved. Isn't all the work done to get a beef, a boat, a pincher bp, fight the spiders, get the nut, drop it in river, grow it for 16 days, isn't all that work worth 3 well-located figs? Please?

Solution? I don't really have one. Here is my attempted proposed process of regrowing figs

Step 1. Fertilize the trunk further to give it capability to grow more figs when the tree has fewer than 3 figs. (The fertility from 1 tree jam can produce up to 5 figs, let's say).

Step 2. Throw a boomerang at the Trunk to knock down a mossy vine. The location of new fig is somewhere near the thrower's location.

Also, do you think should 1 trunk have more than 3 figs? Like 4 or 5?

More figs would be appreciated, perhaps also higher rain protection? Bump it up to 50% or even 80% is fine, given you need an entire season worth of days to grow one, and the range isn't too big anyway.

I'm not exactly sure how one of the four mossy vines burned down on one of my trees (along with a few berry bushes) since the tree supposedly provides smoldering resistance, but it does seem like an oversight that they don't automatically regrow. Maybe a good solution would be to be able to prompt a tree to (re)grow a new vine (4 max) by applying some more tree jam and waiting a few more days? This would not only enable players to recover from damage, but also with a bit of dedication, get their vines where they want them.

Archived