[Suggestion]Allow WX's shock circuit to break the threshold of 100 damage.

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

IDK how can you be against things like increasing by 100 the durability or changing the recipe to waste hound teeths instead of bones which not only have more sense since is spiky but also we dont have good uses for teeths, we only waste 2 for sewing  kits and noobs for traps, outside of that they only feed lureplants

I only speaks from numbers. You are suggesting like because we have extra this, so we should just use it, otherwise there is no use for it. I agree with what you said. And I also think it would be nice. The reason I argue against that is because it doesn't make sense from numbers.

The change you suggested will make bramble husk almost free. The cost will be like 5 compost as there are too many teeth. The comparison here is to see how much does it cost to deal with a wave of late game hounds. For this particular case, 1 bramble husks can deal with 2 waves of hounds (0.5 husk each wave with varglet). And the time needed to craft a husk is 1 dusk, to fish 4 wobesters, time needed to get living logs can be ignored. Plus the added benefit of bramble husk is the flexibility of fighting at any location. To achieve the same result, it will require a medium size matrix of traps, which always require players to travel back to it, and reset it after use. That time should be compared to the fishing time of husks. And I think they are cost reward ratio is fairly similar.

(Bramble husks are not for spiders. Only shock circuits are for spiders and other weaklings. I compared them for only their effects of hounds, not other weaklings.)

Again, I would consider the items as balanced for the cost effectiveness. With your suggested change, a hound wave can be essentially dealt with by self-harming twice (cost of compost and hound tooth are ignored). And I don't think it's fair from game design point of view, at least in my opinion.

I haven't played Hamlet much, so I don't know how useful bramble husk is in Hamlet. And I think Klei's import of the item to DST is just conventional treatment of cutting numbers by same percentage without too much thought, I guess. But after trying out myself, I think it's an ok item for cost effectiveness.

44 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Also, as you said, you already need them for bosses so why not using the leftovers from a fight for something useful to reach that 7% for decon instead of mining stone fruit or other stuff i mentioned which means that you dont expend time to farm them for the works i mentioned but is a side effect of farming them to fight bosses

It doesn't matter how you get it, leftover or what. What really matters is the amount of cost and time.

Archived