[Suggestion] WX Rework Thoughts

Pro’s

• Modular feeling with circuits

• Collecting bio data

• Upgrading process

Con’s

• Too versatile without enough downsides to create interesting gameplay

• Invalidates Winter and Summer with specific circuits. (Not completely against this as long as the cost of slots and materials are appropriate)

Suggestions

• Have Tier 1 and Tier 2 circuits. All Tier 2 circuits should require the creation of the Tier 1 as a crafting ingredient.

• Tier 1 modules should all take up 1 to 3 slots. Tier 2 modules should all take up 4-6 slots and provide an appropriate benefit that is powerful and unique. This will only allow for 1 Tier 2 circuit to be installed and maybe a few Tier 1 depending on which Tier 2 is installed.

• Remove uses and instead have circuits work similar to clothing where the longer it’s activated the durability decreases until the circuit is burned out.

• Allow WX to remove circuits and rearrange them without destroying the circuit but keeping the remaining durability. WX loses charge equal to the circuit that is removed.

• Maybe have charge level be more dynamic. Having only wetness and starving affect charge levels means he will spend the vast majority of his time at 100% charge.

• Have starting stats be 100/100/100 so stat upgrade circuits are more impactful.

The more I think about the speed circuits, the more I think they should just be removed or at least have the movement speed lowered. Movement speed is a core part of the survival and exploration portion of the game and having a large movement speed increase so early trivializes the time management aspect of the game.

Lightning giving WX a movement speed buff should just stay in the game and just give WX a moderate movement speed buff and max out his charge instead of it only giving 1 charge. Allow lighting to strike infrequently during summer and autumn during rain, and keep its current frequency during spring.

43 minutes ago, Marnxx said:

The more I think about the speed circuits, the more I think they should just be removed or at least have the movement speed lowered. Movement speed is a core part of the survival and exploration portion of the game and having a large movement speed increase so early trivializes the time management aspect of the game.

Lightning giving WX a movement speed buff should just stay in the game and just give WX a moderate movement speed buff and max out his charge instead of it only giving 1 charge. Allow lighting to strike infrequently during summer and autumn during rain, and keep its current frequency during spring.

this is the uncomfortable truth. speed ruins wx

should be capped at 30 and have 15 25 30 increments, IF that.

7 hours ago, Marnxx said:

• Too versatile without enough downsides to create interesting gameplay

• Invalidates Winter and Summer with specific circuits. (Not completely against this as long as the cost of slots and materials are appropriate)

I don't think you get it.. versatile makes interesting gameplay

He is versatile but most combinations are not worth doing that's the problem

and for the second point, you don't need those circuits, you won't freeze or burn without them and can play the game just fine without them in favor of moggle vision

15 hours ago, Seero said:

I don't think you get it.. versatile makes interesting gameplay

He is versatile but most combinations are not worth doing that's the problem

and for the second point, you don't need those circuits, you won't freeze or burn without them and can play the game just fine without them in favor of moggle vision

I actually get it quite well. Versatility is not what makes for interesting gameplay. A lot of people believe that but in actuality interesting gameplay usually comes when people have restrictions placed on them. Warly is a great example of this. You can eat nothing but meatballs with him and go about your day. But it’s suboptimal to do so, which incentivizes you to learn new dishes and is there to give people the satisfaction of learning and overcoming obstacles.

Archived