New idea for the constant!

Why not add more atmosphere to the game world? like singing birds, cawing crows, more animals for the forest like foxes and wild boars? Also add fallen trees as a decoration and resource for the forest - for example, cut down a tree and after falling, it does not disappear and after cutting a fallen tree you can get not only logs but also sticks, add 2 more stages of the tree to increase the height, and also increase the amount of the resource received from trees + increase the number of swings of the axe on the trees a little?

I like this idea and I want to build off your foundation. I like the sound of a very tall tree that extends off your screen, called a Tall Timber. And it takes a ton of chops but once it falls it tips in a random direction so survivors would need to be careful about dodging that, but on the ground would be a Fallen Tree. And chopping it would cause sections to go yielding planks and skipping the log phase entirely. Keeping the tree up would provide a canopy similar to the fig tree. Fallen Trees that are left on the ground, or even naturally occurring ones sometimes can act as natural Mushroom planters, occasionally letting you pick from them, but not plant on them.

To add on to this, perhaps this "giant tree" could randomly spawn things or mobs who would fall off its branches and attack you, like spiders (perhaps a reskin of dangling depth dwellers), squirrels, birds, etc.

It gives me shipwrecked vibes, in which, when you chop down a jungle tree, it either drops food (bananas or eggs) or a snake. It makes the chopping more interesting!

On 4/24/2022 at 10:20 PM, BonesJrOfficial said:

I like this idea and I want to build off your foundation. I like the sound of a very tall tree that extends off your screen, called a Tall Timber. And it takes a ton of chops but once it falls it tips in a random direction so survivors would need to be careful about dodging that, but on the ground would be a Fallen Tree. And chopping it would cause sections to go yielding planks and skipping the log phase entirely. Keeping the tree up would provide a canopy similar to the fig tree. Fallen Trees that are left on the ground, or even naturally occurring ones sometimes can act as natural Mushroom planters, occasionally letting you pick from them, but not plant on them.

:D

Archived