I'm worried about 'permanent' uptime on Wx's modules, and the lack of interesting, dynamic choices.

Any decent player can completely avoid charge loss, and right now the 3 best modules seem to completely outweigh all other options, that being the Movement Speed Modules, and the Thermal/Cooling Modules.

In theory, I really like the modules. When I first saw the announcement I thought that the modules would actively drain power, in exchange for powerful effects, and the balance behind WX would be about actively monitoring their charge level, and not over using modules. Instead, WX basically gets permanent upgrades, and the biggest decision to be made is: "Do I swap my speed modules out for thermal ones in winter/summer, or just keep the speed?"

The problem isn't that the speed/thermal modules are just too good, it's that there's little to no reason NOT to use them. There's no strings attached, no downside.

All I can give is my own personal opinion, but if I was to suggest a... change in direction for WX, it would be to make modules actively drain charge, and have the module remover only remove a small amount of charge at a time. Along side these changes, you can create an additional 'balancing point' by having different modules inflict different drain rates.

If speed/thermal modules inflicted a very high drain rate, it could deter players from completely relying on them and never swapping, I could see myself using the music box or health modules if it meant I wasn't draining as much power, reserving the speed for more situational uses.

You could even do fun things like having modules give different effects based on power level, and even add an overcharge mechanic which overclocks the modules. Or you could even have an overclock module.

Of course, it would likely make sense for modules to not be disabled if power drains below a certain threshold.

This is all a seemingly drastic change of direction for WX, but for me, I like characters with interesting, dynamic decisions to make, and WX right now doesn't do that for me, and my ideas represent a more in depth playstyle. As far as current Beta WX goes, the biggest decision I'm making is whether or not to unplug my speed modules for seasonal modules, which just doesn't seem like a fun way to play.

Either way, I know I'm going to have a ton of fun modding and experimenting with WX-78!

Should be like a power strip if I’m being honest, you plug too many things into a single power strip, you run the potential to blow it out, or at least make the strip not supply sufficient enough power to everything running from it.

I like the idea of abilities that get stronger the more juiced up WX is, and they get weaker (reduction in stats/speed) the lower WX’s power gets.

If you create a mod like this: I may just have to buy myself a PC to play a more fun, WX.

Archived