A Balance Change to the New WX - 78 Rework

Alright lets be completely honest. This rework is amazing, but no matter what way you look at it, it's just too good. WX is now just Wilson with upgrades. There are two problems with WX's rework that I figured out how to solve and make WX much more balanced. First off his stats. His reworked stats start him off with 150 hunger and health along with 200 sanity. Now I find this to be way too much. If they brought all of his stats down to 100, then with one hunger, health, and sanity circuit equipped to take up his whole circuit board he would have 250 health which is immediately  the best health in the game, and 175 hunger and sanity which are both above average. Having this amount of stats would make it so that WX would start off weaker than the average character, and would need to focus a bit more on circuits that effect his base stats and not just three speed modules because right now that is why WX is so good. The other thing I had in mind was that for each circuit slot taken up by anything, it would increase WX's hunger drain by 10% totaling at 60% faster hunger drain if he had all of the circuits attached.This would make WX's overpowered builds a little less powerful as they would be taking away his hunger a bit faster. The hunger increasing circuit would not affect this though. I see this as the perfect way to balance out the character from being as strong as he is to a perfectly balanced, but still very fun character to play. Also for gods sake Klei did you really think it would be a good idea for his Moggles to be made with t=just a moleworm and some bio data. At the very least you must add the greater glow berry. One more thing. With thulecite WX should be able to make a circuit extractor that does not damage his circuits or make him lose any charge when he takes circuits out. This should have a durability of 15 uses before it breaks.

8 hours ago, Papa Scorch said:

but no matter what way you look at it, it's just too good. WX is now just Wilson with upgrades.

To answer only this part of the topic, I don't think developers are trying to make all characters equal in levels of power, abilities or strenght, instead, they are trying to make each character comfortable or balanced in its own skin/playstyle; That means they don't have to be nerfed if one is stronger than other, since that other character has something such as "no downsides" that is worth much more for a player with different playstyle.

9 hours ago, Papa Scorch said:

Having this amount of stats would make it so that WX would start off weaker than the average character, and would need to focus a bit more on circuits that effect his base stats and not just three speed modules because right now that is why WX is so good.

I 100% agree with this, i am actually surprised to see someone had the same idea me and another used were going to propose of having 100-100-100 base to make stat upgrades more important.
Using 3 stats modules like this would mean to reach 250-175-175 with innate sanity regen (albeit small) and lower hunger drain.
Not using them would mean having strong upsides like permanent night vision, speed boosts, or heat/cold immunity at the cost of lower stats across the board.
All in all this would mean having a more customizable experience more tailored around each player's playstyle, allowing for mixing and matching rather than just finding one or two objectively better setups that everyone runs.

I don't think any other changes are needed outside of this, i disagree with the other options you mentioned as they feel unnecessarily complicated in a situation where simpler solutions exist.

Archived