Rework Idea: WX has 9 slots BUT...

Silly idea, but I honest think WX should have 9 slots- WAIT, hear me out;

9 slots, but his charge resting point is 6.

What this means is he naturally goes up to 6, and sits at 6, if he wants to have the full 9, he will have to Overchrage himself, when he does, he goes to 9, and it starts draining back down to 6 overtime, disabling mods when he loses charges, so slotting a 3 mod in your last 3 won't let it last too long. This returns his overchrage mechanic, while still putting it in a more balanced position AND making WX more customizable.

Lot more HP, little more speed, Brighter WX... Moggle mod stacking? Hell, maybe overcharge stacking should add some interesting effects, like 3rd chorus module giving off some sick metal remix of ragtime? One could hope...

16 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

Well thats fun, but charges arent reliably obtainable outside of winonas generators. I like the idea, but we’d need a way to self charge, maybe a glowberry electric milk fuel substitute 

A charged lightning rod works, or smacking a volt goat with electric damage too... Self-charging isn't too hard to achieve, or too easy either!

I guess for it to work, WX should get a mobile way to overcharge himself, maybe a battery, since most charge sources are stationary. It wouldn't be really useful if your new circuits shut down soon after you leave your base, just so you have to go back.

15 hours ago, extremyt said:

I guess for it to work, WX should get a mobile way to overcharge himself, maybe a battery, since most charge sources are stationary. It wouldn't be really useful if your new circuits shut down soon after you leave your base, just so you have to go back.

That's not the point of overcharging, if overcharging was useable 24/7 it just be old WX, which was too much.

Also it's not 0 all the time, it's 6 majority of the time, and 9 sometimes, the idea behind having overcharge slots is for a temporary boost of power.

Archived