Another QOL Idea for cleaning specific character items

I like to change characters now and then just to use their advantages to do something specific like how I use Wendy to clear the ruins off of splumonkies or maybe Warly to make myself some Warly dishes. But my only problem is, what to do with all these items they spawn with when I'm not currently using them? I know you can just easily gather all them at one place and burn them or maybe a lureplant is another solution or maybe a trash can mod would help.

The problem is character specific items are sometimes a clutter to your already-cluttered world but you can use some of the character specific items as a decor to your base. But what about the items that don't blend in to your base?

Well I got a solution for that and it might help you in a very convenient way.

-If the character specific item is in your inventory when you're changing characters, it will not drop and goes with you completely deleting it from your world

(Don't want it to be removed?)

-Simply drop it on the ground or remove it from your inventory and it wont be deleted

Why do we need this?

-It's for those characters that comes in with an item that we don't usually need every time we spawn them such as; Waxwell, Wendy, Walter's Slingshot, Warly, Somewhat willow's lighter, somewhat wolfgang's dumbell and wes' pile o' balloon 

Feel free to tell me how you feel about this in the comments though, I know it's a very small change but it could be convenient 

20220412160020_1.jpg

I think that cheats them out of the existence; A better idea would be having a dark staff that destroys these items, but I can see the griefing problen arising with that! Yet the same thing can be said about your suggestion, but it has less work-around than having to build the moonstone portal only to get rid of some items.

In other words - you want something that lots of us wanted for a long long time now - a trashcan. Which I don't get why doesn't the game have by this point. And yeah- I am aware of Lureplants, but it's both tedious to set up and also is practically nonfunctional during Winter.

On 4/16/2022 at 8:07 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

maybe swapping shouldnt give you any starting item. If you can affort swapping also you can affort crafting cheap items

But how to make some character specific items if it's a solo world, meaning no one else dropped them before?

Archived