[Mod Fix Assistance] Blackhole Garbage Disposal Redux

7 months ago, I decompiled and recompiled @Nightinggale's Blackhole Garbage Disposal mod to make it work (because he has been essentially dormant for the past year). This weekend, the latest update broke it and because the object is in the game savefile, it crashes the savefile load because the mod is disabled. I know this is causing the problem because loading an earlier game where I didn't build it yet, there is no issue.

It spawns this crashdump:

Error in SaveGame.ArtifactSelector.OnSpawn 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ArtifactSelector.OnSpawn () [0x0000a] in <4cd05b941535495d9b1b2ae2f5d9649e>:0 
  at KMonoBehaviour.Spawn () [0x0005d] in <53ba8544b0394db88dcaac034e1fe553>:0 

at UnityEngine.Debug.LogError (System.Object message, UnityEngine.Object context) [0x00000] in <9fe2cbebfa394c8da6af069ec8cc9ef4>:0 
  at Debug.LogError (System.Object obj, UnityEngine.Object context) [0x00000] in <53ba8544b0394db88dcaac034e1fe553>:0 
  at DebugUtil.LogErrorArgs (UnityEngine.Object context, System.Object[] objs) [0x00000] in <53ba8544b0394db88dcaac034e1fe553>:0 
  at DebugUtil.LogException (UnityEngine.Object context, System.String errorMessage, System.Exception e) [0x00000] in <53ba8544b0394db88dcaac034e1fe553>:0 
  at KMonoBehaviour.Spawn () [0x00000] in <53ba8544b0394db88dcaac034e1fe553>:0 
  at KMonoBehaviour.Start () [0x00000] in <53ba8544b0394db88dcaac034e1fe553>:0 
Build: U41-496912-SD

For reference, this is a thread he mentions about Modutil vs his code: ModUtil in the source code - [Oxygen Not Included] - Mods and Tools - Klei Entertainment Forums

I am trying to get this to work but it uses his custom building injection script. Would like some assistance. Thanks.

Black Hole Disposal.zip

1 hour ago, shelena_malk said:

Why is the mod disabled?

Troubleshooting. I tried to load the save with and without the mod and it has the same issue. I had no issues with the recompiled mod until last Saturday's update. I have another mod that allows AETN: that one stopped appearing in the building menu two patches ago but enabling didn't break anything like you said. This one did for some unknown reason.

It's a useful mod to get rid of tons of unused material (read: Sulfur) to speed up the game.

It's either this or the Rebuildable AETN mod's neutronium cores but since that mod was updated over the weekend, it is highly unlikely. 

@shelena_malk

Thanks for the tips and encouragement. By doing some hackwork, it now works. 

The bad news is that its not this building that is causing the savegame load crash. I suspect it is the neutronium cores from the rebuildable AETN mod left lying around and it has caused problems. I encountered problems with the mod previously when you tried to select the artifact research station and it kept crashing the game. Unfortunately, even worse news is that it has rendered 3600+++ cycle game that was going so well unusable. :( I could reload from an earlier savepoint but it is like 700++ cycles behind. 

OH WELL. Time to start a new game....

I thought about it and forgot there was a very good tool to test my theory if it was the neutronium cores: Save game editor. I edited it out and it still crashed. And then I thought and remembered something in the update: They juggled some of the artifacts in the game. It MAY one of the many artifacts I got between the working and crashing save.

Oh well. Restart a game. This time on Rime. 

Archived