Need help fixing burning on a custom entity

I got the entity to set on fire but the fire is offset off of the entity, im using MakeMediumBurnableCharacter to make the entity able to be set on fire but the offset is happening this is the code, test is the name of the build and bank

MakeMediumBurnableCharacter(inst, "test")
Edited by Cmdpro

The function is defined as 

MakeMediumBurnableCharacter(inst, sym, offset)

So the second argument, sym, is used to determine where the flames should appear. For example for players it's MakeMediumBurnableCharacter(inst, "torso")

For a bat it is MakeMediumBurnableCharacter(inst, "bat_body")

So it depends on what kind of entity you are having and where exactly you want the fire to appear. If you don't know, you could also set the offset till you have the flames where you want them to be.

On 2/26/2022 at 7:52 AM, Monti18 said:

The function is defined as 

MakeMediumBurnableCharacter(inst, sym, offset)

So the second argument, sym, is used to determine where the flames should appear. For example for players it's MakeMediumBurnableCharacter(inst, "torso")

For a bat it is MakeMediumBurnableCharacter(inst, "bat_body")

So it depends on what kind of entity you are having and where exactly you want the fire to appear. If you don't know, you could also set the offset till you have the flames where you want them to be.

Thanks this fixed my issue however, i am having issues with setting the offset, whenever i set it nothing seems to happen, am i missing something?

MakeMediumBurnableCharacter(inst, "kingslime", Vector3(0, 1, 0))

EDIT : Nevermind it seems that it doenst change the fire pos that much so i had to set it to a higher value

Edited by Cmdpro

3 hours ago, Cmdpro said:

EDIT : Nevermind it seems that it doenst change the fire pos that much so i had to set it to a higher value

For future notice, the offset coordinates are the coordinates in the animation itself, rather than the game world, and the x,y animation units are much smaller than the game world x,y,z coordinates. (You can get an idea of the animation x and y by looking in spriter and seeing the positions of symbols and objects there)

That also means the y axis is flipped(negative values put the object higher, positive values put the object lower. Hope that helps you out :)

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 1