quality of life benefits from mods that can become part of the game.

What does Keli think about adding things from mods to become part of of the main game?

Suggested mods:

1. Piped Super computer. Why do they have to manually deliver water to this thing and why in the world does a computer consume water? If it is for cooling, buest to do something similar to the metal refinery instead if they decide to change how this research station functions.

2. Can you please allow us to build any of the original gravitas items from world generation? Things like doors, walls, tiles, and the furniture including teleporters for other worlds.

3. Storage containers too small capacity. I would like bigger capacity to help my cpu as I can sweep items into larger storage. Suggested storage capacity: 1 Gigagram (1000 tons [megagrams], 1 million kilograms) capacity storage bins. For liquids, I would like to get 250,000kg capacity and for gases to have a container with 25,000 capacity and for electricity to have a battery with 1 megajoule capacity with automation port on it. Can be available in the later techs.

4. Full miner yield (matter can not be destroyed by duplicant mining)

5. Be able to have something that can remove neutronium (other than sandbox mode). Best to have volcanoes spawn with insulated tiles ceramic or igneous rock underneath or just a row of obsidian tiles.

6. Insulated door, I would to have a door that can act as thermal insulation and another version that can consume visco gel or other liquids to function as blocking gases from escaping while they are using it.

7. Dupe to crouch and fit into 1 tile gaps.

8. Be able to build walls behind tile and doors.

9. Thermal interface plate to make sure in space battery does not overheat.

10. Refresh selection of print pod and keep the reject all button as wait 3 cycles and pause on print to ensure it is done at the same time of each 3rd cycle.

11. egg cryopreservation and freezer. (make carnivor achievement easier to manage)

12. Dupes eat dinner daily and prefer food that is about to spoil.

13. No restrictions on tightly bending travel tubes and can use glass.

14. Crude oil can change into petroleum without breaking pipes.

15. More room sizes.

16. More temperature range on plants.

17. Additional kinds of bed such as double bed and ladder bed.

18. Be able to deconstruct and rebuild the original print pod and be able to use it instead of mini pod.

19. Ethanol volcano (geyser).

20. Normal wire to carry 2kw and conductive wire to carry 10 kw.

21. Why is the marble tile discontinued and need a mod to get it back despite its data and picture exist in game (moulding tile?)

22. Butcher and fishing stations (great for carnivore)

23. Be able to use refined metals for buildings.

24. Oxygen making things should output their product into pipes. I would like to have a large size algae terrarium with pipes too.

25. Queue for sinks.

26. Bigger building menu and resizable windows and menus in game and draggable their position on screen.

27. Fried liceloaf

28. Insulated farm tiles to make sure that plants keep at growing temperatures.

29. For base game, we need a robominer that can handle the heat and mine itself out from regolith that lands on it.

30. Germ killing lamps to remove food poisoning and slimelung from water and remove zombie spores from carbon dioxide and crude oil and remove radioactive contaminants from areas around the nuclear reactor.

31. Taller mod menu unless we get a lot of this list implemented in the main game.

32. Critter drop off to count eggs for preventing critters from cramped, overcrowded, and glum.

33. Why edges of the map become dark, more light at the edge of the map to see things in that area, I currently rely on some yellow light from putting an unreachable object at !! priority.

34. Research, be able to queue the techs and show what research is being done and progress on all 4 elements at top of the screen.

35. Build items that use metal ore with refined metal.

36. wrangle any critter.

37. Priority 0 and priority for generators engie tune up.

38. Buildings to show if they count as industrial machinery in their description.

39. Be able to choose a material to sweep from the ground and a mesh tile that allows materials to fall through it.

40. Option to turn off alerts for completed research.

41. Resculpt

42. Pliers.

43. Suppress notifications.

44. Clean floors.

45. Better info cards except critters to show if multiple of them are walking on the same tile.

46. pipe germ info and output materials from refinement stations into pipes.

47. Bigger camera zoom out to see more of the area at once.

48. Choose benefit from neural vacillator.

49. Choose any dupe at start including meep.

49 things that can be added to the game and dlc what do the developers think, is any of this "overpowered" and if so why?

Most of these don't seem to be QoL at all, but rather fundamentally alter gameplay.

While i agree that there are many mods that should be stock, i actually disagree on the majority of those listed here, because if they were included it would not be the same game that it currently is.

In my opinion, these are Quality of Life and could be considered to add to the game. Those are:

21 hours ago, hbarudi said:

31. Taller mod menu

40. Option to turn off alerts for completed research.

41. Resculpt

43. Suppress notifications.

45. Better info cards

The rest of those can stay mods.

On 2/16/2022 at 1:11 PM, tuxii said:

In my opinion, these are Quality of Life and could be considered to add to the game. Those are:

The rest of those can stay mods.

Yes, these 5 is good enough to add to the main game:

Taller mod menu

Option to turn off alerts for research

Resculpt

Suppress notifications

Better info cards

In addition, those other 5 also don't affect gameplay "balance" in any way:

Bigger building menu and resizable windows and menus in game and draggable their position on screen

The clean floors to remove the graphical hump that appears on a row of tiles this should be an option to turn on or off

Buildings to show if they count as industrial machinery in their description

Suppress notifications

and Pipe germ info.

So are those 10 mods good to "bake" into the base game and should not significantly affect gameplay in any way. Also how can I make my own mod this way if the game crashes, I can know what is going on.

Archived