Rocket Questions

I'm not great with rockets and I'm just starting to build them and go into space. My biggest question is how does interior power work? I see setups of interior rocket designs but I have no idea how enough power gets to them to run things like three atmo suit docks, a ventilation pump, refrigerator, etc. How exactly does it work? Please explain like I'm a total noob.

(I assume this is for the Spaced Out DLC?)

There's an item in the Rocketry menu called the Power Outlet Fitting that provides power from the solar modules, battery modules, and/or engine. You can attach it to any wall or tile except the windows and doors. If you don't use a battery module you'll probably want to have a battery inside the living space, but that will add heat. Certain engines (petroleum, hydrogen, radbolt) generate power but only while the rocket is in motion, and drilling in a POI doesn't count. So if you've got a fridge or a telescope on board you might want to include a hamster wheel so your dupes can provide additional juice when needed.

Archived