How to properly reset a liquid valve meter

So I'm having issue with the liquid valve meter. I'm trying to get exact liquid chunks out of it. It works manually great, but not automated.

For example trying to get 50 kg out of it whenever it receives a green signal on the reset port. The problem is the green signal could last a few secs, and it keeps resetting and gets 60-70 kg etc liquid, depends on the signal duration. I tried cutting down the green signal length with a signal counter and filter solution. The signal duration is now 0.1 seconds, but sometimes it still lets out an extra 10kg liquid.. And it's not consistent, a 50kg setting sometimes gives 50kg, sometimes 60kg, so I can't just set it to 40 kg to get 50 kg. Any ideas?

I think some others have had success using a power shut off to turn off the meter valve just prior to sending the reset signal, until just after the reset signal is received. Use an OR -> NOT gate to control the power shutoff, one of the OR inputs goes through a filter gate set to 0.2 seconds, onto the meter valve, continuing onto a buffer gate 0.2 seconds into the second OR input. You would need to make sure your input signal lasted long enough.

6 hours ago, tuxii said:

The solution is built into the valve itself is it not?

meter.png

Also if you need certain amount in certain period of time, it's possible to use filter gate in place of AND gate, or if 200 s is not enough, you could build two or 3 filter gates.

8 hours ago, tuxii said:

The solution is built into the valve itself is it not?

meter.png

This has the same problem, randomly lets through another batch of liquid..

13 hours ago, LadenSwallow said:

I think some others have had success using a power shut off to turn off the meter valve just prior to sending the reset signal, until just after the reset signal is received. Use an OR -> NOT gate to control the power shutoff, one of the OR inputs goes through a filter gate set to 0.2 seconds, onto the meter valve, continuing onto a buffer gate 0.2 seconds into the second OR input. You would need to make sure your input signal lasted long enough.

Yeah I came up with a similar solution while I was waiting for the post approved. Looks like its working well. I used only a NOT gate to turn off power to the valve, and a filter gate to reset the valve with some delay. In my case this was enough, as the green signal lasts like 2 secs, so after it turns red, the power goes back in the valve.

Archived