Nuclear waste cooling loop

I really wanted to make a cooling loop with nuclear waste, because it has such amazing cooling properties, and was very sad to find Klei implemented a mechanic that made it very hard to use in cooling loops. But I made a workaround! It's very simple, and I'm sure a lot of people have done so already. The way it works is, next to the tile where coolant is input in the aquatuner (that's where the waste is ejected) I put a pump, so one of the tiles that it sucks liquid from overlaps with it. It sucks the waste to a powerless liquid filter, which makes sure no water gets accidentally put into the loop. After that, the waste goes to a split where it goes back into the loop with priority. The split is necessary, because the pump duplicates the nuclear waste, so the waste waste is ejected from the system and can be either stored or vented into space.

Does anybody have any improvements/caveats to my system? 

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 20.14.29.png

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 20.14.34.png

If I remember correctly the expulsion of nuclear waste from a building's storage causes damage. This can actually be avoided by flooding the aquatuner (in this case) in nuclear waste. like 1000 kg per tile. With no place to expel the nuclear waste the waste cannot leak in the first place.

This is all got from a reddit post so testing might be needed to check if it does or doesn't work.

Also cool design.

While in my testing, the liquid container did get damaged when it ejected waste, none of my aquatuners did. It might have to do with the fact that I put them in steam rooms (though not over 1000 kg). The waste ejection mechanic is very confusing, but it's great to play around with new content like this.

Archived