Vanilla - Classic - Spaced Out

Naming in Spaced Out is still confusing.

For me, having the experience of the testing process of Spaced Out, I would know what each starting cluster refers to even if you called it potato and peanut. However, many new players think that they are playing Vanilla (base game ONI) instead of the Spaced Out DLC because they never played the game before or probably think that "Spaced Out start" refers to Spaced Out DLC while Classic refers to Vanilla.

Also, Moonlet starting clusters are totally different from Classic start or the first 3 clusters of Spaced Out start. 

I think a better naming would be something along the lines of: 

The Big Map - A starting asteroid resembling Vanilla's big asteroid maps. Many resources available, less emphasis on space travel

Small and cozy - A smaller starting asteroid, resources are distributed across the starmap, more emphasis to space travel 

Shattered - Many smaller asteroids, resources are distributed across the starmap, space travel is mandatory in order to survive longer

And the "Spaced Out" logo above all three (so even someone that doesn't pay much attention will read it)

Something like this:
Clusters_.thumb.png.14fcd1a3f859abec0cebb493f571f49d.png

*Cluster style: because you are choosing cluster and not asteroid yet

Yes, i get so tired of explaining the difference to people on Discord, and the more i explain the more confused they get because the names themselves are so confusing. But the three different cluster types all have different playstyles, different problems, and different advice for how to solve problems.

Explaining that "classic" is not "vanilla", or that one can play "spaced out" but not necessarily a "spaced out" map, or that you mean the "spaced out" "spaced out" "spaced out", but not the "moonlet" "spaced out" "spaced out" because those are totally different things....

Archived