[Mod help] Critter sensor

hi !

I have just started a mod, following the unofficial guide and managed to create an "hello world" mod. But now i don't know how to implement what i want to do.

I am trying to modify the critter sensor (logiccrittercountsensor) to be able to select critter's type to count, like what you do with the critter drop-off (creaturedeliverypoint).

However, i'am completely lost, and I have difficulties finding a way to do what i want.

Could someone indicate me what file/methods I should look and modify ?

spunds like you will need to make your own GUI, I hate that part so I won't be helpful there

But I suggest making it with little steps - start with making sensor that only detects eg. Hatches and when that works try to make Hatches a variable you can control. 

For more help, I'd suggest visiting modding discord, there are people who will know how to make the GUI once everything else in your mod works

The critter drop-off uses the `TreeFilterable` component with an `acceptedTags` list that has all of the tags for critters.

When a building has the `TreeFilterable` component, the side screen will automatically show up and allow you to pick from that list of tags. So I think that's a good start. You do not need to make your own UI if you can make that list of checkboxes work for your sensor idea.

Thanks for the help ! I had a lot of things going on, so I just started working on this stuff.

Thanks to your advice i managed to get an almost working prototype using TreeFilterable. However I encountered some difficulties :

I'dd like my sensor to have CritterSensorSideScreen (SideScreenContent). So i copied it, modifying targetSensor. How can i add it to my sensor's sidescreen ? It looks like PLib.UI should have the things I need, but i don't know how it works.

Archived