Few questions not covered by FAQ

Old time player (pre-DST) on pc, but looking at getting a ps5 and this is one of the first titles I'd like to get with it. 

1. Does it even work on ps5?  I'm not very console literate, not sure if ps4 games can be automatically played on ps5 or not, due to underlying architectural differences or whatnot.
  2. How far apart are the console editions from the pc master race version?  Do they get any / most updates?  Eventually? Immediately? Maybe?
  3. Is mouse and keyboard supported for console or strictly gamepad?
  4. Are gamepad controls decent or limiting?
    1. Can I organize the toolbar icons or are they stuck whichever order I happened to pick things up in?
    2. Can object placement be done with some level of precision?
    3. Does the gamepad feel fluid and fast to do what you'd like, similar to pc or is the lack of mouse precision dreary?
  5. Is split screen possible given it's to be played on ps5?
  6. I heard about PS Network and paying for it, what are network requirements?  Particularly to be able to play local co-op split screen with wifey.
    1. On this note would I need two accounts for us as two players?  For DST? For PSN? How would it work if anybody can care to share.

I'm probably going to get it either way, it's an amazing game no matter what, but these are just thoughts that I keep looking up and having poor luck finding answers to.

Thanks a lot for your time!

1- yes it works on Ps5

2- Aside from some very unbalanced Point and Drag controls absent from Console: Yes they both get updates around the same time frame.

3- No.. and I highly doubt it ever will be because the product description does not state I needed to buy a KB+Mouse to get the best out of the game I paid for.

4- Decent enough but very limited & at times unnecessarily frustrating, but still enjoyable.

5- Yes?? Maybe, Series X/S has Splitscreen so why wouldn’t PS5? It’s the same game as the PS4 version just running on your PS5 there’s no additional or changed features. (Yet)

6- I have no idea, sorry.

Hope this helps you!

P.S. the game runs faster, loads faster, and has significantly less lag on the newer console, but that’s about all it does differently.

On 1/5/2022 at 8:15 PM, Mike23Ua said:

1- yes it works on Ps5

2- Aside from some very unbalanced Point and Drag controls absent from Console: Yes they both get updates around the same time frame.

3- No.. and I highly doubt it ever will be because the product description does not state I needed to buy a KB+Mouse to get the best out of the game I paid for.

4- Decent enough but very limited & at times unnecessarily frustrating, but still enjoyable.

5- Yes?? Maybe, Series X/S has Splitscreen so why wouldn’t PS5? It’s the same game as the PS4 version just running on your PS5 there’s no additional or changed features. (Yet)

6- I have no idea, sorry.

Hope this helps you!

P.S. the game runs faster, loads faster, and has significantly less lag on the newer console, but that’s about all it does 

Thanks a lot for the clarification. Seems like worth locking up either way and will see from there

• Developer

6. If you want to play online mode or collect/use skins or purchasable characters, you need a PlayStation Plus subscription. You only need 1 sub per console, everyone else using the same machine can piggyback off of it as long as you set it as your primary console. If your main concern is local splits-creen coop the you don't need PS+, but again you'll miss out on skins and additional characters.

@Mike23Ua covered everything else I think but follow up if you want clarification on anything

@CharlesB@CharlesB Thanks for ironing out the final point.  Sounds like PS+ would be a welcome addition but won't need to get two PS+ subs nor would I need two DST copies if I read it right. Looking forward to it. 

Archived