Something is wrong with Duplicants supplying materials. They take way less than they can and need.

Enter the never-ending build: 

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

It is actually nearing completion, but it was being built over the course of a month. Note how Devon here carries a whole 461.3g of Gold Amalgam for the remaining 3 segments of the wire, requiring a total of 120.6 + 262.6 + 276.8 = 660 GRAMS! Yes, he's quite weak with Strength +3, adding mere 120 KILOGRAMS to his carrying capacity. Mind you, I have short of a hundred tons of the stuff available. And he's obviously not alone in his trouble, since this short wire, power substation, 2 Oil Refineries and some bricks and ladders were building through some 30+ cycles. So something is very, very wrong with their little brains, since they take next to nothing with them in their long trip. 

5 hours ago, Shade_N53 said:

I have short of a hundred tons of the stuff available.

Is it all in one place or spread around the place in chunks of debris? They tend to pick up the closest resources and if it happens to be a couple of grams it ends like that.

22 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Is it all in one place or spread around the place in chunks of debris? They tend to pick up the closest resources and if it happens to be a couple of grams it ends like that.

The closest are closets up top with something like 150-200 kilograms of kilograms of the ore. And I dump most of it into a central tile through automatic dispenser set to Sweep Only (and there is definitely ore in the pit underneath it, although I can't tell the size of the chunk) -- but it tends to be in several chunks of 20-25 tons, not multiple small chunks of several grams. I can't even tell where did they get such small amounts. Also, they were doing it consistently for cycles. 

Archived