Question About Lore (No spoilers please)

I started playing ONI before SO but never “beat” it. In other words, I haven’t learned much about the lore in the base game.

If I decide to focus on SO for gameplay reasons, will I still have the opportunity to learn the lore from the base game in addition to the lore from SO?

No spoilers please.

Certain plot points will be missed if one skips out on base game gameplay. Some vital pieces of lore occur during rocketry procedures of the base game. Though, mostly, the story is intact and one can perhaps pieces things together of their own detective skills based on their surroundings.

13 hours ago, Primalflower said:

Certain plot points will be missed if one skips out on base game gameplay. Some vital pieces of lore occur during rocketry procedures of the base game. Though, mostly, the story is intact and one can perhaps pieces things together of their own detective skills based on their surroundings.

Thank you for sharing this.

Considering that I recently started my first game of SO I am now debating if it would be worth it to go back to the base game just for the lore, or alternatively if I should instead catch up on the base game lore via YouTube (assuming such a video exists) and continue my SO game.

If you started SO with classic terra, I believe it is mostly similar to the base game. Rocketry is quite different in SO. Other game mechanics are pretty much the same. I believe you can continue your exploration in SO.

There are some spoiler/lore videos on YouTube for base or SO. You can also find wiki for ONI. Some infos for base game is good but some new items for SO may be outdated during EA. I believe it will get updated as SO launched.

Best wishes on your new adventure!

Archived