allow for rocket platform to send automation signal without crew manifest

OxygenNotIncluded_xTOwlh98Rj.png.4e38252a50b51a4efceaf9170fb11cae.png

In order to be automated, the rocketry platform demands that all manifest must be checked off. This can be an issue as outside of foreign conditions, the pilot is not necessarily on board unless the launch sequence has already asked them to recrew into the rocket for takeoff.

This can be circumvented ingame by having the bed or mess table of the pilot be set inside the rocket, but this solution is somewhat cumbersome, can get in the way of duplicant scheduling, and I just wish the automation signal didn't need the pilot + all crew boarded to start, so the automation signal itself could ask for the duplicants to get back onto the rocket for takeoff.

42 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

...and I just wish the automation signal didn't need the pilot + all crew boarded to start, so the automation signal itself could ask for the duplicants to get back onto the rocket for takeoff.

This wish has also been mentioned by other forumistas in the past and I do hope that it is someday possible to operate rockets without pilots/dupes. :love_heart:

Archived