Remove the spear requirement on Shadow Duelist

In Don't Starve I've been enjoying Maxwell by using Shadow Duelists like a projectile weapon that deals 40 damage and costs 2 nightmare fuel to fire.

In DST, it's the same one shotted weak puppet that is fighting against bloated boss hp in a game where nightmare fuel is no longer easy to obtain and now he has an additional cost of a spear and requires the codex umbra to be placed down.

I think the spear requirement should be removed so suboptimal people like me can at least have fun with the shadow duelists.

7 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

all flint tool requeriments should be removed. I dont play maxwell because of needing to bring flint

I think Maxwells puppets should be smart enough to “shape-shift” as in.. they will equip whatever tool he has in his own hands at the time.

Kinda like how Wurt holding an Axe and hitting a tree cause all Merms to chop tree, or holding Pickaxe and hitting a rock causes all Merms to punch boulders.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think Maxwells puppets should be smart enough to “shape-shift” as in.. they will equip whatever tool he has in his own hands at the time.

Kinda like how Wurt holding an Axe and hitting a tree cause all Merms to chop tree, or holding Pickaxe and hitting a rock causes all Merms to punch boulders.

similar to the DS version

ds maxwell didnt farm as fast as the dst version but klei could merge both versions into a better maxwell + shadow shenanigans so the king isnt just a log gatherer

he could be a summoner glass cannon 

Archived