Issue with convo formatter

In one of the recent updates (I am not sure which one), this change happened:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/749105094922076262/909104326516043796/unknown.png

I am not sure what the point of checking for true or false at the beginning, but this broke the formatter and caused | to not work when separating the entries.

For example, considering the following loc entry in rook_story_bogger_raid.lua

OPT_TAKE_BAD_ROBOTS = "Take the single {rise?cobbledog|autodog}",

With this change, the text will display "Take the single cobbledog|autodog" when you are working with the rise, and it will display "Take the single " when you are not, which is clearly not intended.

Is this an intentional change? Because I will have to update a lot of the existing dialog for my mods if this change is here to stay, as I used a lot of these for my convo formatting.

• Developer

Thanks for reporting this.  This was meant to fix a rare bug with nested formatters, but clearly didn't take into account all the cases.  I'll have that commit reverted and a more appropriate fix installed for the testing branch.

4 hours ago, rooks said:

Thanks for reporting this.  This was meant to fix a rare bug with nested formatters, but clearly didn't take into account all the cases.  I'll have that commit reverted and a more appropriate fix installed for the testing branch.

Out of curiosity, what is this "nested formatter" issue you are talking about?

Archived