[Solved] Can't get past character select

I have absolutely no idea what on earth I did. I want to say I didn't do it, but like an only child who drew on the wall, there's no other explanation.
So I make a fresh world with no mods and it works fine. I enable my w.i.p. character mod, but pick Wendy, and everything's still good. Then I try to use my character. Everything seems fine in the customization section, but when I hit go: image.png.94a5024fc30209a6f371257612e77a22.png
I am left staring into the beige abyss. I've tried waiting it out, but that doesn't work. I undid every darned thing I did to scripts\prefabs\character.lua but that didn't work. It was working fine just a few minutes ago. Is there any chance an error in the speech lua could've done this? I have no clue what I'm doing, what I did, or how to fix it. Help a newbie out? Any and all advice is appreciated!

@Dragonbot03

There are logs for the client/server that should spit out a stack trace of an issue.

Since the client didn't close out and return you to your desktop, I am going under the assumption that the server failed at some point during runtime.

This help article shows the locations for the main OS paths to help you find the logs:

https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029881191-Logs-and-Useful-Information-for-Bug-Reports-for-Don-t-Starve-Together

For servers the default location in the Klei folder is: Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/#####/Cluster_#/Master/server_log.txt

If you need help reading over any of the errors, then don't hesitate to reply back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

@Dragonbot03

There are logs for the client/server that should spit out a stack trace of an issue.

Since the client didn't close out and return you to your desktop, I am going under the assumption that the server failed at some point during runtime.

This help article shows the locations for the main OS paths to help you find the logs:

https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029881191-Logs-and-Useful-Information-for-Bug-Reports-for-Don-t-Starve-Together

For servers the default location in the Klei folder is: Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/#####/Cluster_#/Master/server_log.txt

If you need help reading over any of the errors, then don't hesitate to reply back.

Thank you! This really helped and I got it to work!

• Spool 1