Dedicated server failed to start after force quit dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer on mac

Hi folks, I play DST on mac. A message popped up saying there's not enough memory while I'm playing this game without any friends, so I force-quit 'dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer'. Then after a while the server shut down with the message 'disconnnected', then relaunching the server/host world was never successful. 'Dedicated server failed to start' keeps popping up.

I also tried a rollback option a couple times, but it didn't work either.

I wonder if the files attached below would be helpful. Found those data from DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt and DoNotStarveTogether/303327592/Cluster_7/Master/server_log.txt

client_log.txt server_log.txt

In the log there weren't any anomalies. The only thing I've found was this one:

[00:01:19]: [IPC] Received shutdown signal.

This hints that something sent a shutdown signal to the server, which usually is either the game, or your System.

Since you've mentioned a out of memory message, check if you can stop some programs in the background, such as your Browser, so more RAM is free for DST.

The 4Gb of total RAM mentioned in the log should be enough for the game, but might get low when you have other programs running as well.

Archived