Normal game things that arent?

Normal game things that arent?

First thing, This game is a very nice piece of artwork and enjoyment, nothing wrong with that.

Some funny things i noticed getting back into the game are mods that feel like they SHOULD be in the game but are not.

Why cant I set a job to MAINTAIN "X" Or do until i have "X" amount?
NO mod does this and its not in the game as a base its either you say an amount that runs out or you go forever.....why?

Two most important matters that mods do address:

ADJUSTABLE TRANSFORMERS (why do i need a 1k transformer for a line i want limited to 200 watts?)
--Allows watt ranges to be adjustable to desired amounts (i limit myself to the maximum they would normally allow)

SWEEP By TYPE:
BIG NOTE: Seriously KLEI you want me to sweep command a room, to pick up ICE to prevent it melting later but i have to command them to pick up all the rock and dirt with it? or TEDIOUSLY go through each pile and pick the ICE only ONE at a TIME......not to mention things with slime or other items too in similar situations?
--not only should this mod be base game, why havent you guys done this? (dont say modders will do it....I dont want a Bethesda feeling again here)

Minor matters: Cause I want to express but realize you might not care anyways.
Better Air Fliter (if you make it need power now, I want to put it on walls and ceilings too then)

Research Queue (even if it was limited to only 5 picks to select up to)
Show building Ranges (for ALL buildings, nice to know or see for comfort)

Question: Why can you not get the plastic and steel from Gravitas buildings/locations.....sorry no excuses here will work.

If i SPEND a SKILL point and MORAL to get them gone I think I deserve the little bit of resources (its like maybe 200 steel on average, and about 200 plastic average on big maps)
I had a mod back in the day to remove them before you guys gave us this, but now that its in game, i see what i miss about that mod.

Side SCIENCE note:
Radiate Heat in space (the mod) (is actually a real life thing TOO, tho they have to aim those space radiators away from the sun)

funny in-game question, Why does pickled food (aka mealwood) Expire so quickly?
its pickled right? should last about what?...year....ten years earth time? and.... without tempature worries.

Plus in some cases age of pickled food makes it taste better.

I just want to see the game grow and expand in good ways, and sorry if my confused self with ideas seems to be lacking in understanding some of these things.
Forever trying to keep the Dupe Meep from killing himself,
Enlon

"Meep...why are you on that side of the build? its filling with....why? MEEP!"

12 hours ago, Enlon said:

Why cant I set a job to MAINTAIN "X" Or do until i have "X" amount?

It seems like something that should be in. At first you think it`s doable with automation but after you fill 16x16 tiles with logic gates for just one resource you start thinking it should be probably easier. It`s one of those things that are an effect of how the game works and everybody got used to it.

ADJUSTABLE TRANSFORMERS (why do i need a 1k transformer for a line i want limited to 200 watts?)

The thing with transformers is that they won`t prevent overloading the output wire if you limit them below 1k. I never had the 20k input wires overload yet but i guess that might bve an issue in bigger bases.

SWEEP By TYPE:

Yes, one of those things i keep forgeting i need. I adapted by making dedicated storage bins with high priority for stuff i need swept but it`s annoying for ice when you start mining an ice biome.

Show building Ranges (for ALL buildings, nice to know or see for comfort)

Most buildings don`t actually have ranges. Only ones i can think of are the air deodorizer, carbon skimmer and auto sweeper. Maybe pumps too. All other buildings are supplied by dupes or pipes. They could highlight the center block of the building though so you know which block needs to be in range for delivery.

Question: Why can you not get the plastic and steel from Gravitas buildings/locations.....sorry no excuses here will work.

To force us to get the infrastructure to produce those ourselves i guess. Kinda weird since there aren`t any achievements attached to those and the amount would be miniscule but they decided we get no free resources.

Radiate Heat in space (the mod) (is actually a real life thing TOO, tho they have to aim those space radiators away from the sun)

Requested a lot, at least used to be back when meteors produced tons of hot regolith. Would be pretty useful too. At least now we got a super cold biome at the top to dump some heat to.

funny in-game question, Why does pickled food (aka mealwood) Expire so quickly?

It actually lasts much longer than regular mealwood. It`s an earlygame recipie and it`s cheap to make so i guess it`s for balance maybe. It also has the benefit of killing the germs on the mealwood wich is pretty nice.

Archived