Lock On Chest (Suggestion)

24 minutes ago, Astro-bully said:

What do you think of the ability to lock a chest, so only the host can open it or maybe some kind of code.

I love playing with other people, but it really makes me mad when they take my valuable stuff from a chest.

This would be a great addition. Having it to only the person who created the chest can choose to lock it or not. If you’re in official klei servers though this feature shouldn’t be implemented but as a host it would be cool. It also should prevent others from hammering it too ontop of that. 

10 hours ago, Astro-bully said:

What do you think of the ability to lock a chest, so only the host can open it or maybe some kind of code.

I love playing with other people, but it really makes me mad when they take my valuable stuff from a chest.

If you want to avoid losing your loot, I might have some solution for you! When I used to play with randoms I usually put my most valuable loot (boss drop, gems, etc..) down in the cave/ruins. The one who always takes stuff from the chest most likely will never go down there.

And I like the idea of being able to lock the chests, but they will always find a way to take them out! from hammering or burning them.

But hear me out, what IF there is a special chest! dropped as a blueprint from some boss, tumbleweed or from the ruins? Just like the one from Hamlet. That will be only accessible by the one who makes them! and it's not (hammerable?) nor burnable! Ha! sound like a good idea? xd

Good luck.

Archived