Expand on Winona's hunger perks.

A lot of people tend to focus on Winona's structures when they talk about buffing or changing her. While I agree they could use some work (there's literally only one useful structure), I'd also like to see a look into her other main character specific perk, doing things faster, at the cost of hunger. 

Obviously a pretty simple premise, although I definitely don't think her speed should be doubled or halved like it is for crafting. It should also only effect the speed of the swings, not how many swings it takes like moon glass axes do.

Right now it applies to crafting, but it could also apply to chopping, mining, hammering, and even some more obscure things like planting seeds.

Thoughts?

Not sure I’m on board with this To be honest, your wanting Winona to burn through even more food? Isn’t the reason why Wes’s rework changed the rate his hunger drops back to normal (but gave him an overall smaller belly) was so he wouldn’t be the character burning through all the food? I’m pretty sure that was a large part of his refresh.

Winona ALREADY gets enough hate on her as is, there’s no need to turn her into even more of a Pick & Swap character.

Winonas faster crafting but drained hunger can be currently negated altogether by just crafting a large quantity of the item your wanting to craft, instead of crafting 1 at a time slowly over time- As Winona craft it all at once and you only suffer the hunger penalty for the first craft.

What your asking for is to drain hunger to chop/mine faster- which would give Winona the same problems WES had, burning through the servers food supply.

Granted: It’s not as bad as Wes’s was because prior to his rework all Wes was good for was burning through the food supply faster than other characters with a bunch of downsides- he no longer does this and I actually ENJOY playing as Wes now without feeling like I’m being a burden on everyone else :wilson_love:

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Winona ALREADY gets enough hate on her as is, there’s no need to turn her into even more of a Pick & Swap character.

Winonas faster crafting but drained hunger can be currently negated altogether by just crafting a large quantity of the item your wanting to craft, instead of crafting 1 at a time slowly over time- As Winona craft it all at once and you only suffer the hunger penalty for the first craft.

What your asking for is to drain hunger to chop/mine faster- which would give Winona the same problems WES had, burning through the servers food supply.

This wouldn't turn her into more of a pick and switch character, unless you feel like spending 2 purple gems on planting seeds slightly faster.

At the point that you are free to switch, you have much better sources of logs and rocks.

Like her crafting, she could have it on a timer, so that you only lose hunger from mining or chopping when you haven't in the past minute (maybe a bit more than that).

Or, I wouldn't be very against the idea of removing the hunger drain altogether, and making the speed penalty when hungry more severe.

Either way, a 5 hunger at max penalty every minute is laughable in any server that isn't already doomed.

Archived