Need Help Figuring Out Graphical Issues

I got a new laptop with nvidia geforce rtx 3050. I think I've got most of the settings configured to me preferences, but the graphics quality is very poor and I don't know how to fix it. 

I installed the newest game driver 496.13 using the geforce experience launcher. I've experimented with turning off and on small textures, but it didn't make a difference. I've reduced my resolution from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080 and it didn't make a difference. If you look at the 3rd image, you can see that glommer, the sisturn, and the potter's wheel look fuzzy. The 2nd image is the crafting menu with it's fuzzy looking icons, and it's strange that the razor looks fine, but the glass cutter doesn't. The 1st image is my settings. I've read that texture streaming boosts game performance by not rendering textures that are off your screen (if I'm understand that correctly)? And I have no idea what the heck netbook mode or threaded render means. Any help is appreciated. image.thumb.png.a97f2c4c8f46de1d34cee416d6103523.png image.thumb.png.47d6e44353d4ba84cb03c6ecb7adf009.png image.thumb.png.e35add4dd49399138f217d748aed02c1.png 

'Netbook' was a term / buzzword a few years ago to denote laptops with low-end specifications. The Netbook Mode probably turns off / down some graphical features to run better on low performing hardware. Set Netbook Mode to Disabled, since your new computer shouldn't have any problems running the game with the default graphic settings.

Set Small Textures to Disabled. Set Texture Streaming to Disabled (enabling this option makes the game load textures on-demand instead of loading every texture into the RAM at once; it can increase performance if the bottleneck in performance comes from loading textures, for example if you enter an area where the game has to load a bunch of textures and read files from a slow drive, but in general it is a safe bet to disable this option, or you might get stuck with low-resolution textures for no reason).

Does the problem persist with these settings? Are you using the 32 or 64 bit version of the game?

To summarize, set:

Netbook Mode → Disabled

Small Textures → Disabled

Texture Steaming → Disabled

Threaded Render → Enabled

You can also try verifying the local game files on Steam: Don't Starve Together, Properties..., LOCAL FILES, Verify integrity of game files...

Archived