Reservoirs for temperature control?

So, I have a system where polluted water inputs into the water sieve and outputs into a reservoir. When it goes into that reservoir, the temperature of said water (for which I have gone to the trouble of cooling) goes in at 63.6 degrees F (17.6 degrees C) and comes out at 36.7 degrees F (2.6 degrees C). Is it supposed to do that. I mean, the reservoir is right next to the water sieve, so it should be increasing slightly... not decreasing in temperature. Is this a bug? I searched the forums, but I didn't find a topic for it.

WaterCooler.jpg

2 hours ago, Screwygirl said:

Okay, so at some point, the water in there must have been at a lower temp, and this is the game normalizing it?

Basically, yes. The temperature in the tank will trend towards its input temperature by averaging (weighted) the input package temperature and the temperature of the liquid already in there each time new liquid gets into the tank.

15 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Basically, yes. The temperature in the tank will trend towards its input temperature by averaging (weighted) the input package temperature and the temperature of the liquid already in there each time new liquid gets into the tank.

Dang it... okay then. New strategy. Thanks!

Archived