Split screen typing msgs

Is there a way in game while playing split screen type a msg for other players and it’s not affect on second player ? Coz when I’m playing with my husband, and he is up to some fight , I’m at base chilling and trying  to answer some questions like - where is grass or can I take that or can I build something . Game is just stops for both players (split screen) and while I’m  chilling and typing he can die . So I need or wait when he is ok and I can replay or not answer at all … and than people is just upset and doing what I not agree .. and yes I know can use microphone, but it’s not for my play-stale.

• Developer

Unfortunately the PS4 virtual keyboard blocks input to all other players and there's no way around it, it's a system level thing.

BUT!

There are some changes currently in the PC beta branch that let you for real pause the game, and while paused you can still do chat things. When that comes around to PS4 it will get you partway to where you want to go. Your husband still won't be able to fight while you're typing, but at least he won't be dying. 

Archived