Small thing that's been bothering me.

Not sure if this bothers anyone else, just something that's been annoying me more now that I've been tinkering with the regolith planetoid. If rockets are typically 5 tiles wide, why are the bunker doors 4 tiles wide? In the base game the rockets were always 5 tiles wide, in spaced out the smallest they can be is 3 tiles but most of the time you want the larger command capsule that is 5 tiles wide. Yet bunker doors are 4 tiles wide so you have to at minimum use 2 for an 8 tile wide opening. If you have multiple rockets you either need to place them so they each have their own set of two bunker doors or the slightly more complicated approach of having your rockets closer together with some automation signal manipulation. Just think it would be a nice quality of life thing to be able to have 1 bunker door per rocket.

26 minutes ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

We may need the entire 7 tiles of the platform to be clear to launch 5 tiles wide engines. Anyway, that was my experience with radbolt engines recently - had to rethink my platform placement vs the doors. If that doesnt change, its definitely 2 doors per platform.

Forgot about that change they made a while back where the area above a platform needed to be exposed to launch. Kind of awkward though that you need to have the full 7 tiles open for a 5 tile rocket. 

I suspect it's because the width of the map divides by 4 not by 7. 8 tiles is a bit large for something like the bunker door, especially since you can just cut it in half. This ends up with a rocket silo having one extra tile on the side, perfect for vents/piping.

Archived