How to Improve Organization of Dedicated Server Folders?

I would like to improve the organization of my dedicated folders so that the bat files and the world save folders have their own directory instead of this mess. Is it possible to change what is in the .bat file to follow the correct directory? Does it have to be in the Klei folder as well? Any help with this would be appreciated, thanks.

1084816792_improveorganization.JPG.9e7c76cf78c2720ff60f7d0264ff7d9e.JPG

c:\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +app_update 343050 validate +quit
cd /D "c:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin64"
start dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer_x64 -console -cluster WandaWorld -shard Master
start dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer_x64 -console -cluster WandaWorld -shard Caves

You can place your .bat file whereever you want. It is doing it's stuff with absolute paths, so it'll launch the server the same way regardless on the location on where you launched it from.

The DST save files are already in their own respective directory. It should be a subfolder in <Personal folder>\Documents\.klei or something.

On 9/14/2021 at 5:43 AM, Daniel86268 said:

The DST save files are already in their own respective directory. It should be a subfolder in <Personal folder>\Documents\.klei or something.

Can I do something like \Documents\Klei\SubfolderA\MyDedicatedServer ?

That way under SubfolderA, it can hold all the save files into that directory rather than under Documents\Klei.

Yes, you can add the option

-conf_dir SubfolderA

To your launch command to make DST use a different subfolder in the default save location.

Alternatively you can use the option

-persistent_storage_root C:\DST\whatver\

to use an entirely different save location. (This has to be a full+absolute path)

You can get more information here.

Archived