Help with downloading Workshop mods properly

Hello, I need help I can't figure out what's wrong.

I have a friend and he wants to use some workshop mods for Don't Starve Together and very few mods they seem to download for him fine, but most mods they download as a blank mod with no mod icon and they're called by their workshop name like "workshop-32431274", ect. and they require an update, but updating does nothing and cleaning the mods does nothing either.

He tried reinstalling Steam and Don't Starve Together and still it didn't fix the problem.

The only way he were able to go around this was him manually installing the workshop mods with this site which allows to install Steam workshop files

https://steamworkshopdownloader.io/ 

and put it in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods directory, but obviously this isn't a great way because I don't know if it will even work with playing online with other users even if you name the folder the same workshop name and you have to update all the mods manually.. 

Has anyone experienced this problem before and know a way to fix it? I really would like to help my friend out.

Edited by . . .

16 hours ago, penguin0616 said:

Sounds like they have a permissions issue.

I concur with that statement. Once Waterlogged update was released, I had issues with my mods not updating, as well as my mods tools. For me, my anti-virus was the issue. In that specific case, make sure to add the mods folder in the permissions, or disable it while downloading the mods from Steam.

Also, be careful : some mods are also installed in steamapps\workshop\content\322330 (DST ID on Steam). It droves me nuts because I tried to find some mods to analyze them but they weren't in the usual mods folder.

• Like 2