How Long does it take to get Steel? A Speed Run Challange

Speedrunning games is something I have partaken in from time to time and after I heard about a speed run challenge to get to steel as soon as possible I decided I would give it a shot, because how hard can it be to get steel? Just need a bit of research, A bit of Iron, a touch of carbon, and a drop of lime. It cant be that hard to get a single craft of Steel can it? The video is attached if you want to see how well I did.

But I ask you before you watch How long do you think it would take you to get 1 piece of steel?

How about getting your dupes to dig straight up and deconstruct the gravitas facility ruins on the surface that has steel as the material for the door? Does that count? After all, you can now get dupes with super hard mining as a free skill right from the offset, with the appropriate seed, you might not even need hard digging if the igneous rock veins through the granite allow you to use them as a stair.

Archived