is there some launch option that makes us choose the version of the game we want to run? (64 or 32 bit)

the waterlogged update added a x64 exec of the game which does wonders for performance, but everytime i start up the game, it asks me what version i wanna play on, the 32 or 64 bits. coming from valve titles where you can pretty much customize everything with launch options, i wanted to know if there's a way to tell the game to always start with the 64bit version

yes i do realize that the only difference with or without something like this is to literally make another click of the mouse, but i'm curious about launch options for dst and how much i can interact with the game through these options

Not directly.

image.png.94e44a80ea165f756d796ad5d381cdbe.png

Add a 'non-Steam' game through the Games menu in the Steam library browser.

image.png.1f4c688a909979c8f4a30427c434e3c7.png

Browse to DST directory: ~~/Steam/steamapps/common/Don't Starve Together/bin64/

image.png.584fc2ff0e1230b52d888874d5673df3.png

Select dontstarve_steam_x64

By default the name of this link will be `dontstarve_steam_x64`, but Steam lets you rename it by right clicking on it, go to properties, and then rename it however you will.

image.png.2b351d842b0ffe9a28eb2e48378055bc.png

For example, to:

image.png.3e35116defd7764784f2f92fdc5a1e0a.png

Then use this instead of the main one and you won't have to deal with it.

Or, alternatively, use a desktop shortcut to the x64 binary and launch the game that way and let Steam handle the rest.

• Like 1

I have the same problem, except I want to launch the x32 version by default. But weirdly, using bin\dontstarve_steam.exe also launches the x64 version.

Did a quick search how others managed to skip this dialog for other games, and as it turns out, if you skip it, it will always launch with the first option, x64 in this case.

Maybe I should find out why my x64 version runs so crappy (probably a mod issue), but it's still faster just clicking the x32 option every time. :D

However it'd be nice to know all launch options, "-tick_rate 60" literally saved the game from being unplayable for me in multi, and I found that in a random steam guide.