Is there a way I can backup a world without having a dedicated server?

Right now I have a DST world, and I will play on this world for a long time, but I heard that some people got their worlds deleted for no apparent reason, including Jazzy, who had a 1000+ days world completely vanished. I wouldn't want that to happen to me at all. This might sound stupid, but is there a way I can sort of backup my world so that in case it is deleted I have some sort of copy? 

2 minutes ago, kNichael said:

I should have thought of that xD, thank you, but could you please tell me where can I find the save files?

In your Documents, go into the folder called Klei, and inside it the folder DoNotStarveTogether. The folder on the top should be a bunch of numbers, there you'll find your saves.

2 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

In your Documents, go into the folder called Klei, and inside it the folder DoNotStarveTogether. The folder on the top should be a bunch of numbers, there you'll find your saves.

Alright, I did that and I assume that the Cluster_ files are my worlds, how do I know which one is the one I want?

14 minutes ago, kNichael said:

Alright, I did that and I assume that the Cluster_ files are my worlds, how do I know which one is the one I want?

You can either go into each cluster file and read the name of the cluster in the cluster.ini, or go into the worlds menu in the game and hover over the folder icon to see what cluster number is related with that world.

3 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

You can either go into each cluster file and read the name of the cluster in the cluster.ini, or go into the worlds menu in the game and hover over the folder icon to see what cluster number is related with that world.

Got it, thank you very much! So all I have to do is just copy the cluster file right?

2 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Yeah, then you should be good to place it somewhere safe of your choice.

I just placed it in my desktop folder. If the situation will unfortunately appear and my world will be deleted I will just place the duped file, only thing I have to do is back it up manually.

1 minute ago, kNichael said:

I just placed it in my desktop folder. If the situation will unfortunately appear and my world will be deleted I will just place the duped file, only thing I have to do is back it up manually.

If that does happen, I recommend making a backup of the backup before replacing the deleted world.

Archived