Strange Question Regarding Spore Sprites

Hello everyone, today I have a very strange question. I don't know if this is the best spot to put this thread, so please tell me if there is a better spot to put it. The question is regarding the inventory sprites for all spores, red, green, and blue. I want to change the red spore into a purplish spore. I have had some success however the best results transfer it from a PNG to JPG, so the transparent background is lost, and the image becomes worthless. It seems Klei uses some sort of software to achieve the effect perfectly. Look below:

Red_Spore.png.e887c48f7f9d743ffe9a4d715b9c8caa.pngBlue_Spore.png.33809a35237aaae88732494c586fc6c6.pngGreen_Spore.png.8a36321514a6a83d9b020a320d6fc89c.png

They have also achieved this affect with the Enlightened Crown shard. I am trying to make a unique spore for a mod, and I want the same sprites but the spore is dark purple instead. Does anyone have any sort of software that achieves this and preserves its PNG format? 

TLDR: I just want a dark purple inventory spore sprites and Enlightened Crawn Shard sprite while preserving its PNG format.

50 minutes ago, Kur0u said:

Spore2.png.cdb3a3bc8e2d1dc6af958453942c5afd.pngSpore3.png.9d7d648bef0b06c11286bc69ce3efaf1.pngSpore4.png.41f2a6db53e88dde1adcfa9ce6312c6c.pngSpore1.png.ae86e029427a01274ffbdf959a24257e.png

Something like this?
What kind of program are you using?
You can simply use the Hue slider and mess up with the saturation a bit. From left to right, you have less saturation to more saturation.

Cool. Thanks. I can't even fathom how helpless I am with this kind of stuff. What program were you using? Would like to do the same with Enlightened Crown Shard.

35 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

Cool. Thanks. I can't even fathom how helpless I am with this kind of stuff. What program were you using? Would like to do the same with Enlightened Crown Shard.

I'm using Photoshop Cs6 but you can achieve the same goal using open source programs like GIMP. Just look for the hue and saturation slider and you're gold. Any other questions you can just ask.

Archived