How come Playstation has Local Coop but not PC?

On 8/25/2021 at 12:47 AM, SomebodyRandom said:

image.thumb.png.4a8ee31c49961244a444fa409dc49a45.png

The first world I played in DST was a local coop one with my cousin who introduced me to the game. I've never owned a console. The store page on Steam even says that it has Local Coop.

I think what they were asking for is split screen mode.

10 minutes ago, AlienMagi said:

I think what they were asking for is split screen mode.

Zeldicon, the Original Poster, had this exact message on their post, and it's always been there since the post was made.

On 8/21/2021 at 11:13 AM, Zeldicon said:

Maybe have it so that each player's screen is able to be shown on seperate moniters?

11 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Zeldicon, the Original Poster, had this exact message on their post, and it's always been there since the post was made.

They said separate monitors, not separate computers so whats your point?

1 minute ago, AlienMagi said:

They said separate monitors, not separate computers so whats your point?

That's not split screen. Split screen implies same monitor. Also the main point of the post was asking for Local Coop, not splitscreen or separate monitors Local Coop, that was implied by the OP to be a potential bonus.

1 minute ago, SomebodyRandom said:

That's not split screen. Split screen implies same monitor. Also the main point of the post was asking for Local Coop, not splitscreen or separate monitors Local Coop, that was implied by the OP to be a potential bonus.

You know its not the end of the world if you accept that you might just possibly be wrong for once in your life.

Local coop for console players usually means split screen. Also local network coop is already in the game so why would they be asking for that in the first place? And why would they suggest that it should be on 2 separate monitors when thats already the default for local network coop?

If you actually pay attention to all this context it seems very likely that they actually meant a mode where 2 people play on the same machine but on separate monitors. Notice how i said "very likely" because i dont allow mysellf to claim that i know what the OP thinks when we can actually only assume.

Feel free to disagree but im done arguing over semantics.

24 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Not true, many splitscreen games allow you to put each "half" of the screen on a different monitor. Not sure why you would think otherwise.

Also, "Local Coop" doesn't necessarily means LAN. Just look at steam, most of the times when a game has the "Local Coop" tag is because you can play on the same computer with another person. Besides, it's kinda obvious by the OP post that what he is looking for is to be able to play on the same PC with another person, which is something that you can do on playstation.

Archived