add new recipe made with shell pieces called shellpot or potshell and what it does is it's a shell shaped pot and you can plant almost any plant in it like grass, seeds, trees, and stuff.

this would be nice for boat bases

22 hours ago, Sapphirush said:

I don't see trees or seeds working, but the rest of the plants could

i mean the Christmas tree pot thing exists, we just need one which isn't event themed exclusive then you can grow wood while not on land and no need to make special trips to places to get it then can finally live the ultimate boat base life :wilson_cool: 

On 8/13/2021 at 5:34 PM, . . . said:

i mean the Christmas tree pot thing exists, we just need one which isn't event themed exclusive then you can grow wood while not on land and no need to make special trips to places to get it then can finally live the ultimate boat base life :wilson_cool: 

But those pots could be too large for a boat that you want to effectively base on unless you plan on rowing everywhere you go. The other boat structures take up too much space.

And besides, there is always the question of how a full-blown tree could grow in a plant pot. They probably only did it for the Christmas tree since they needed a structure for where the tree would be.

2 hours ago, Sapphirush said:

But those pots could be too large for a boat that you want to effectively base on unless you plan on rowing everywhere you go. The other boat structures take up too much space.

the pots would take up much less space, like less space than a treasure chest obviously, i'm not saying for them to take up the same space as a Christmas tree pot

also dst is a game with magic and fantasy, players are literally eating the dishes their food is on too and you are question why a tree can grow in a pot? its game logic bro lol

the pots could slightly resize based on the plant planted in them to not look that aesthetically off, but that wouldn't effect how much space they actually take up which would be smaller than a treasure chest then you can fit quite a few near eachother on a small space like a boat so they are useful.

7 minutes ago, . . . said:

the pots would take up much less space, like less space than a treasure chest obviously, i'm not saying for them to take up the same space as a Christmas tree pot

also dst is a game with magic and fantasy, players are literally eating the dishes their food is on too and you are question why a tree can grow in a pot? its game logic bro lol

the pots could slightly resize based on the plant planted in them to not look that aesthetically off, but that wouldn't effect how much space they actually take up which would be smaller than a treasure chest then you can fit quite a few near eachother on a small space like a boat so they are useful.

Even if the game has fantasy and magic, it still needs to be believable. Having full-blown trees inside of tiny plant pots would look comical at best.

Anyways, the other plant pots would not be large, no. I was only thinking that they would be the same pots as those used for potted ferns/succulents.

19 hours ago, Sapphirush said:

Even if the game has fantasy and magic, it still needs to be believable. Having full-blown trees inside of tiny plant pots would look comical at best.

the trees in dst aren't even big like real trees... if you stacked 2 players on each other they are literally same size as the tree :lol:

4 hours ago, . . . said:

the trees in dst aren't even big like real trees... if you stacked 2 players on each other they are literally same size as the tree :lol:

Yep, definitely that small...

1010959085_TreeHieght.PNG.913d2569ca1bb214a065d76178038ac1.PNG

But, to make sure we don't just go back and forth over this, I do think the other plants are a good idea for flavor's sake.

Archived