How do I start drilling?

55 minutes ago, Pagox said:

But how do I start the drilling?

The drilling start automatically but some POI are weird... They cannot be drilled if there isn't present the appropriate cargo module. For glimmering asteroid field, a liquid cargo tank is required (I have no idea why...) even if you need to drill for solid.

3 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

The drilling start automatically but some POI are weird... They cannot be drilled if there isn't present the appropriate cargo module. For glimmering asteroid field, a liquid cargo tank is required (I have no idea why...) even if you need to drill for solid.

That sounds like a bug. Have you reported it?

10 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

That sounds like a bug. Have you reported it?

I think I saw it reported but not in detail..? I don't really remember..:roll: Or maybe there is no bug report but only forum posts...

I haven't messed around with space POI enough to have a complete catalogue of what-needs-what to function but these are some of the weird ones

Spoiler

image.png.04a53fd8cfb11b459e10442d17d8cb1f.png

I guess you also cannot drill gas or liquid without having a cargo bay for the ones that is possible to drill only solid, but I haven't tested that yet...

4 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

I've tested what you said, and it worked! Thank you very very much for this! My rocket flew 6 days for nothing in the first try.

Could you explain how your table should be interpreded? What's the difference between "Liquid tank" and "solid+liquid"? But Cargo has a red x?

4 minutes ago, Pagox said:

Could you explain how your table should be interpreded?

I sent a rocket having a single cargo module. A cargo bay, a liquid tank or a gas tank. And then a rocket having both a liquid tank and a cargo bay.
"x" means "no drilling" is happening.

It seems like there a specific cargo module required but it is not obvious why. It doesn't seem to depend on how much of an element (e.g. solid for metallic asteroid field) exists on the POI, it will require a liquid cargo although it consists of 70% solid mass

Archived