Just a theory on the map reveil acehievement bug.

TL;DR I think multiple inaccessable off map areas are created in vanilla which shouldn't be there which might be contributing to the lack of achievement and the increase to overall lag.

Currently "pulling back the veil" achievement on vanilla maps made after the merge has a cap of about 65% (@X: 256 Y: 384 map size) when the entire map is uncovered (maps made before the update still can get the achievement which I have tested with one of my old maps)

So I'v been trying to figure out why I can't get the "pulling back the veil" achievement, and needless to say, I learnt only two main things.

First thing I learnt is I am a noob Amateur at coding and should know my place and that I should respect those with a higher understanding of coding.

Second thing is after the hours of trying to figure this out using what information I could pull with visual studio and notepad++, that increasing/decreasing new created vanilla map sizes to their current hard caps also increases/decreases the achievement by about 10% up and down respectively (the maps size for vanilla seems to have a hard cap for base map sizes which I don't know how to change which prevents it from going any further in either direction).

This leads me to believe that within the base coding of the game, when the games code got combined new maps created with that code forces the game to create sub maps (asteroids?) that run off screen(like in the DLC) which can't be access since vanilla doesn't use the same star maping system.

I unfortunately am at the limit of my capacity of my understanding of coding so I can't look further into whether is a correct theory or not, so I decided the atleast post this here incase someone with some time (and proper understanding of coding) being able to check if there is any validity to my theory.

50 minutes ago, Zerohayven said:

I think multiple inaccessable off map areas are created in vanilla which shouldn't be there

Well... I have no clue about coding but after picking up debug tools and several hundred more hours in game, I think I can see why the achievement is not achievable

Spoiler

Revealed map using debug

image.thumb.png.0bbf5c23532a4685f6e44d35459e4e4d.png

Revealed map and revealed cluster fx

image.thumb.png.dba1c40716a2aa15628bfccfae7aedd6.png

27 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Well... I have no clue about coding but after picking up debug tools and several hundred more hours in game, I think I can see why the achievement is not achievable

Hide contents

Revealed map using debug

image.thumb.png.0bbf5c23532a4685f6e44d35459e4e4d.png

Revealed map and revealed cluster fx

image.thumb.png.dba1c40716a2aa15628bfccfae7aedd6.png

While larger section of stripped area on the top of the map can be considered not included in the boundary limits for the achievement (As per my testing), if said protection wasn't included for the side area (which I presume would be the area for mini maps for DLC), then this would explain the lack of achievements.

Altho I guess the mini maps aren't actually spawning so the lag fest is still coming from somewhere else, since 2 layers at the top is considered inbounds (even tho its part of the stripped area), it is possible the entire right side (or part there of) is now considered inbounds and subject to vacuum calculations which might affect lag instances.

Archived